**** DONE: 1/32 Junkers Ju.87c Stuka - Carrier aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Small steps, the wing is clipped, the wheel pants looked "off" to me so I moved the straight part back a touch and fixed the angle, this will be my master to form them, and the center section.
Thanks for the encouragement, you guys are great!

stuka16.jpg

stuka15.jpg

stuka17.jpg

Last edited:
Coming right along, Paul. Looks good.

What's with the plastic sprue on the workbench ? Don't tell me you've found a use for in on the Stuka ? Maybe for the rear gunner's position ?

Charles

To be honest, this was the part of the build I have been dreading most, the carving of the wheel pants. Charles' looked so smooth and I wanted to do justice to one of the more promenent features of a Stuka. After looking at some of my other Stukas I decided to glue an extra piece on either side of the bottom part of the pants. The sanding went quickly, and as per Charles' suggestion, (75% water to 25% glue) gave it a coat to seal the wood. Now if only I can make the other one match, the rest should go fairly quickly.
And to answer your question, Charles, no. I plan on sanding a toothpick down for the defencive armament, likewise the wing cannons.

stuka19.jpg

Wheel pants look good, Paul. Probably going to need three coats of the 25/75 mix, with light sanding in between coats. When the balsa "shines" it's sealed !
Ditto for the stringers prior to covering. Four hundred grit paper is good.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back