**** FINISHED: 1/72 Morane Saulnier 406 - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
1/72 Morane Saulnier 406 - Pacific Theatre of Operations II
Username: Parsifal
First name: Michael
Category: beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Hasegawa kit number 51319

Extras: None. I inadvertently damaged the decal sheet, but was abke to salvage enough to complete the build. i also had to scratch build some of the interior, it the radio antenna, fit metal rod for the guns, replace a lost spar and fabricate the gunsight from stell rod.

This is one of the 16 aircraft that formed GCII/3, 3/4 Escadrille (I confess I dont follow French unit numbers, but it looks cool at least). From 1940 until the end of the war, this unit was the primary air defence component of the vichy forces in indochina, fighting at various times the thais, the japanese, and finally the allies. that confers considerable distinction in my opinion on this ormation, if a somewhat unhappy existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The finished shots

Attachments

• final 1.jpg
    final 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 184
  • final 2.jpg
    final 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 333
  • final 4.jpg
    final 4.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 174
  • final 5.jpg
    final 5.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 182
  • final 6.jpg
    final 6.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 190
  • final 8.jpg
    final 8.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 180
some optional additional shots

Attachments

• final 3 option 1.jpg
    final 3 option 1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 185
  • final 7.jpg
    final 7.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 181
  • final 9 optional.jpg
    final 9 optional.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 176
  • final 10 optional.jpg
    final 10 optional.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 166
  • final 11 optional.jpg
    final 11 optional.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 180
  • final 12 optional.jpg
    final 12 optional.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 183
MIchael, the title has to be done with the format of which is the model is DONE for the work you have submitted the finished assembly and to try to change this thread to off load the slaughter to wotjek already does an outstanding job but neither we give more.
I spend my first three in GB nuunca showed me was right until I catch a former GB and copy the format to copy and paste after you make modifications to yours and always ready to learn format.

the plane looks very attractive, with a great finish, I personally like dirty and very good job weathering aircraft punished, of course that after my last reenganchada the modeling 5 years ago I practiced a lot before these effects play a model with them.

and what I said long ago if we have any problems or concerns we can help here are that we like

Thanks guys for the kind words. this build disappointed me because of the issues that are very apparent now with the paint work. Ive previously given my thoughts on why this ended up goiing so horribly wrong. For now, it is what it is. I still really liked this build, because it was unusal and some of the scatch building I did turned out pretty good. i was just let down by the paint work on this build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back