**** FINISHED: GB-41 1:72 Spitfire MK VIII - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Scale: 1:72
Add ons: Barracuda resin cockpit door. Eduard PE set.

Well I had some fun building this kit. It's the first NON Luftwaffe kit I've built since I took the hobby back up some 20 years or so ago. I had a few small issues with it but mostly my doing. I also ended up not using a lot of the PE parts as they were just too tiny and too finicky to install and just too not noticeable anyways !
gbpto (8)r.jpg
gbpto (9)r.jpg
gbpto (10)r.jpg
gbpto (11)r.jpg
gbpto (12)r.jpg
gbpto (13)r.jpg
gbpto (14)r.jpg
gbpto (15)r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! I really like it except for a few things. (Constructive criticism)

1. Oil streaks. I'd like it more if you would add oil streakings from the nose (any general area)

2. Chipping/wear and tear. There isn't much paint chipping and such, but yeah.

Other than those two constructive criticism parts, I really enjoy her. You did excellent in details for it being a tiny 1/72. Well done on your first non-Luftwaffe model in over 20 years! :):thumbleft:

Well done! I really like it except for a few things. (Constructive criticism)

1. Oil streaks. I'd like it more if you would add oil streakings from the nose (any general area)

2. Chipping/wear and tear. There isn't much paint chipping and such, but yeah.

Other than those two constructive criticism parts, I really enjoy her. You did excellent in details for it being a tiny 1/72. Well done on your first non-Luftwaffe model in over 20 years! :):thumbleft:

There actually is quite a bit of chipping along panel lines and oil streaks on the bottom. They just don't show up in the pictures that well. Most of the pictures I found online they don't seem to be that badly beat up. They are B&W picture though so kind of hard to tell. To be on the safe side I didn't want to over do it ! Thanks though, good points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back