**** DONE: GB-41 1:72 Spitfire MK VIII - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was damaged twice but not in the rear...

1556544788709.png

Long story...sort of. I originally wanted to build a Blenheim kit I have with Dutch markings for this build. When I was searching the interweb for decals I came across this kit. A Spitfire with shark mouth I thought cool as all get go. When I got the kit and first looked at the instructions and painting guide I thought it was a miss print at first. The instructions clearly labels the different colours though I didn't recognize some of them. I then started searching for images. None of the original B&W time period images shows the difference in colour very well so I started looking at models people had built. Some have the different colours some did not. That's when the brain pain set in. So I started searching other forums for info. Turns out the wing roundels were painted out. The fuselage and tail markings were painted out. They did this by over painting everything from just aft of the cockpit back, both the grey and green. The odd thing, the underside just forward of the white stripe back was painted a light blue ? No markings on the under side ? I guess it's possible the rear stabilizers were replaced from damage but I have yet to find an answer to that question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back