**** FINISHED: GB-42 1/48 Spitfire MK IX early version - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: eduard
Model Type: supermarine spitfire mk ix early #84137

EN354, flown by 1st Lt. Leonard V. Helton, 52nd FG, 4th FS, La Sebala Airfield, Tunisia, June, 1943, inspired by the plane that appears in the number of kagero topcolour # 15 on the spitfire MK IX...

91.jpeg
92.jpeg
93.jpeg
94.jpeg
95.jpeg
96.jpeg
97.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Back in the late 60's I took a Monogram 1/48 Spit IX, "converted" it to a Spit V using Monogram Hurricane exhaust stacks and a three blade prop, vac-formed the canopy and opened it as well as cutting out the door. I clipped the wingtips and faired them in with Testor's putty. I put a bogus desert camo paint job and USAAF markings on it. Not much by today's standards, but I was pretty pleased with the result. Not accurate but pretty. I wonder where it is now? I know I did not throw it away.

Did you consider forming a Abouquir Filter for it? The original desert filter is as ugly as sin.

Great job!

Very nice! Back in the late 60's I took a Monogram 1/48 Spit IX, "converted" it to a Spit V using Monogram Hurricane exhaust stacks and a three blade prop, vac-formed the canopy and opened it as well as cutting out the door. I clipped the wingtips and faired them in with Testor's putty. I put a bogus desert camo paint job and USAAF markings on it. Not much by today's standards, but I was pretty pleased with the result. Not accurate but pretty. I wonder where it is now? I know I did not throw it away.

Did you consider forming a Abouquir Filter for it? The original desert filter is as ugly as sin.

Great job!

Thanks you
the truth is that the plane was like this, an mk IX "without tropification", for the moped tropic I have the MkVC of eduard del mediterranea, a special edition with land crew, I doubt if I also do it for this GB but being summer and other matters that have happened to me this last year I dismissed it, surely in the future I will do it myself I do it from the RSAF

Good job, and right on time.

thanks my friend

I already told you that it would arrive, I had to use the phone to upload the photos since the router did not give me enough speed to upload them and was hung up without doing anything ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back