**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Spitfire MK IX early version - MTO II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas.

With this wave of heat that we have on us it is impossible to continue painting, it only leaves me a few hours in the morning or at night which makes it go slower but good I can do better and the arm does not get tired.

I paint the green marches that the English used and the Americans covered with green, I used the US forest green on which once dry I have placed masks to follow the process

47.jpeg
48.jpeg
50.jpeg
51.jpeg
52.jpeg
53.jpeg

Thank you so much everyone.

the next step, paint all the lighter color as base color, (MS), after that with green broken or green stick, and green yellow paint some parts of the plane as lights, on which paint the corresponding colors not before of putting masks to cover one of the colors in what is the fuselage the wings I did not see necessary because the camouflage could do it by hand raised.
to do this I have been almost a week, with this heat wave is very complicated to paint and I only have one hour a day to paint.

pics:

58.jpeg
59.jpeg
60.jpeg
61.jpeg
62.jpeg
63.jpeg
64.jpeg

in the last photo is to appreciate the slight touch of paint wear that I initially give afterwards in the weathering phase will be marked even more with powders and chips with acuareables pencils.

Thanks boys, when I looked for the way azure degraded I came across this explanation of the eaglecals #114 in the instructions decals that reads as follows:

EC32_114-4T.jpg

so I read the plane was one of the first MKVc to be converted into MK iX, which was painted as a mark the eagle decals, under the wings the English liveries were, but already in Tunisia was repainted the intrasides in azure and painted the American livery on one side and the on the other side English was slightly covered at one end with azure, as kagero in his book topcolour #15 brand.

I've searched the net and only found more confusion about the camouflage and its painting, but worst of all, looking at plane profiles I've noticed that the fuselage I've painted it the camouflage of the "A" as the wings of camouflage "B" and that in the instructions de eduard comes like this..., so as I already indicate andy with the support of the bergalas that was not going i paint all of the camouflage "A" so uqe will have to repaint the wings again...

thank you all and forgive the disconnection, it's summer and it's hot the beach, the pool and the kids without school leave me little time to drive, even in the evenings that refreshes something not much I do u little and now I bring you the moment I meet the project.

masked MS and I give the effect to the DE of wear, which remains as well:

65.jpeg
67.jpeg

once the paint dries, I'm going to take out every piece of tape to leave it like this, it's some retouching of the paint, but it's something already presentable

68.jpeg

69.jpeg

70.jpeg

71.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back