**** FINISHED: GB-44 1/72 Saab Draken - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Username: Bustedwing
First name: Graham
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Hasegawa.
Scale 1:72
Model: Saab Draken 35-F
Add ons, Airies cockpit resin set. Maestro PE cockpit and exterior set.

I enjoyed this build. Between the cockpit set and the PE set and the parts I didn't use I have enogh goodies left over to make something decent out of the miserable Airfix kit as well. It's the first non WW2 Jet I've built since I was a kid. I think the last one was a Revell 1/48 scale Mig 21 ?. Always liked the RAF Lightning, Sea Vixen and Javelin which I've put on my wish list and of course a CF-101 and CF-104. Well here's the pictures of the final effort. I think it turned out great. ( excuse the shamefull self promotion) !

draken (61)r.jpg

draken (67)r.jpg

draken (68)r.jpg

draken (70)r.jpg

draken (71)r.jpg

draken (73)r.jpg

draken (74)r.jpg

Adding the two missing requested photos.

draken (76)r.jpg

draken (78)r.jpg

Last edited:
Did not realize they had to be exactly "head on " etc. Will do. Never was any good at directions. Photos added.

Last edited:
Very nice build and weathering.
You are welcome to finish paint and weather mine!
Thanks ! A very good friend I grew up with defected to Australia, Not that far from you, Canberra. He's been bugging me for years to visit, you just gave me one more reason ! And thanks all for the comments.

Thanks ! A very good friend I grew up with defected to Australia, Not that far from you, Canberra. He's been bugging me for years to visit, you just gave me one more reason ! And thanks all for the comments.

Canberra is about 4.5 hours South of me.
I'm close to Cronulla Beaches.
Current world conditions, could be a while before you can visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back