**** DONE: GB-44 1/72 Saab Draken - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've always wanted to make this plane but the one with the camouflage in three colors and I've never taken the step to go for it.
A question about those resins that you use, you need to put them in a vacuum to get the possible air that has or is that that problem does not have it ?, I use the polyurethane resin and if I do not put it in a vacuum it is like a cheese Well fermented enmmental !!!

by the way you love how you wear it, and those details that you have added give it that plus ...

The manufacturer recommends using a vacuum for both the mold and the casting. I haven't used one and haven't noticed any real issue with bubbles, there are a few but that's it.

Well I'm done with the paint on this little monster. It's about as close as I can seem to get it. There are so many interpretations of exactly what colours it should be so I went with what most of the pictures look like. A lot of the pictures of other peoples models it looks like the blue is more greenish than blue and olive drab seems way to dark. I ended up using Testors dark sky blue and tinting it down with a bit of willow green. The Drab is Testors Faded Olive drab tinted down with white. The underside is white tinted up with battleship grey. This build has definitely cured me of RLM 65/70/71 syndrome !!!. I also tried something never have done before and that is clear coating it before I put the decals on. Tomorrow I gues I'll see how that works out.

draken (36)r.jpg
draken (38)r.jpg

I tried something different. Actually I tried it once before and it was a disaster. I normally don't clear coat before I apply decals, the one previous time I did I used Testors spray can clear coat and it was a mess. Not sure what I did wrong because I use their matt clear right out of the spray can all the time. maybe I just put too much on too soon but I never tried it again. this time round. I sprayed the clear into a little plastic dish ( the ones the soy sauce comes in when I order sushi), Then I fired it through the airbrush. It worked like a hot dam. Made a nice glossy finish. The decals were a piece of cake to apply, usually I dread applying decals. It could be the quality of the decals but I'm sure the gloss made all the difference. I can't be that bad of a spazz with them ! Once the decals set and dried I hit it with matt clear but used the airbrush instead of out of the can. There is still a few things left to do on the build but it's nearing completion. Kind of weaned me off Luftwaffe planes a tad. There's a bunch of other jets I've always thought I might like to build.

draken (42)r.jpg

draken (41)r.jpg

draken (47)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back