**** FINISHED: GB-55 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya (kit 61117)
Model: Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6
Scale: 1:48

A great, fun to build kit. For me, some challenges in painting techniques; however, not quite yet mastered, but reasonable enough to submit (almost didn't).

I am presenting both build options; closed and open engine covers. Not sure if this is allowed? Or, just call them some 'extra' photos.

The open engine option

And a closer look at the engine detail

And all the futzing I did with the cockpit detail, only to not be able to capture in finished model.

Turned out nice. I'm glad you submitted it - not sure why you wouldn't.
Well....when I upgraded to Advanced from Intermediate, I self raised my performance bar. I felt that I just barely met Intermediate performance let alone Advanced on this build. But I was classified already,

Soooo..... self flagellation.

Well....when I upgraded to Advanced from Intermediate, I self raised my performance bar. I felt that I just barely met Intermediate performance let alone Advanced on this build. But I was classified already,

Taking this much too seriously Ralph. The point is to have fun.

Not sure why you don't like it Ralph, looks very sharp

I too went up a notch to challenge myself. I still consider myself Intermediate but Advanced looks good on the resume.

Users who are viewing this thread