Five years already !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry, your contributions to this forum and to my personal endeavours have been immense. Without you, this forum would be far less inviting and rewarding. Thanks for a wonderful 5 years and I surely hope you'll be around for many times that in the years to come!

You are the nicest, most knowledgeable 15 year old I know!

A broad brush Christopher but, having watched 'Taxi', 'Cagney Lacey', 'Sponge Bob Squarepants', 'The Simpsons', any USA election campaign, Hillary Clinton and 'Dukes of Hazzard' I have a fair grasp of American humour.... I think I have but, I have found that our disrespectfull lampooning of everyone and everything ( including ourselves I hasten to add) does not always travel well...
But, in fairness if you get Monty Python then you may have British blood in your veins :)
If you whisper 'yes' no one will mention it again... will we Terrance?

Njaco!? Oh dear God!? Could the already strained, over burdened economy of the glorious empire take that, we've all heard of his Pop-Tart extravaganzas, we'd all be in the tatters what!

'Tatters?' Dear boy, we were a global power when the yankees were still chasing bison :)
As long as we have tea, bovril, spam, beer and a total pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face we'll get by.

.....and I haven't decided yet, if I should go in a huff or not, when they celebrate Columbus Day, when the Vikings clearly was there before him, dipping their toes in the their waters, where's our day, hmmmm? Not all that cricket and above the table, if you ask me! :lol:

Colombus was Italian and probabily got lost on his way to Africa :)
The Vikings were superb navigators and seamen and deserve the recognition of discovering America. Unless, they ( you) are denying that 'discovery' these days :)

A broad brush Christopher but, having watched 'Taxi', 'Cagney Lacey', 'Sponge Bob Squarepants', 'The Simpsons', any USA election campaign, Hillary Clinton and 'Dukes of Hazzard' I have a fair grasp of American humour.... I think I have but, I have found that our disrespectfull lampooning of everyone and everything ( including ourselves I hasten to add) does not always travel well...
But, in fairness if you get Monty Python then you may have British blood in your veins :)
If you whisper 'yes' no one will mention it again... will we Terrance?

Sadly, I understand British humor more than American humor. Who can't appreciate "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" over "Dumb and Dumber"? "BlackAdder" more than "The Brady Bunch". Or how about "Father Ted" against "Alf". Or "The Red Green Show" against.......oh wait........thats Canadian. :(

Colombus was Italian and probabily got lost on his way to Africa :)
The Vikings were superb navigators and seamen and deserve the recognition of discovering America. Unless, they ( you) are denying that 'discovery' these days :)
The Indians discovered America. They were here before the Vikings or that other guy.

But to get there, they had to ask for directions by Scandinavians, who'd already been there, but decided to let the place mature for a wee bit, you know, Yellowstone and the likes...:lol:

Congrats on five years Terry. You've been an invaluable help to me over the last few years as you have been to most of the model builders here. The place simply would not be the same without you.

'Sadly, I understand British humor more than American humor. Who can't appreciate "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" over "Dumb and Dumber"? "BlackAdder" more than "The Brady Bunch". Or how about "Father Ted" against "Alf". Or "The Red Green Show" against.......oh wait........thats Canadian.'

I guess its whats tickles your soh. I like the verbal wit of Blackadder rather than slapstick like Lampoon national holiday etc. Horses for courses though.

I'll dig out some stuff that will make you smile :)

I say, cabbage crates over the briney and all that, what?!
The grind is going rind and rind, with one's old noggin awash with a veritable litany of praise from ones jolly chums.
A jolly big thank you for all the spiffing comments, what!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back