Florida Man Swallowed by Sinkhole While in Bedroom

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know you could make all kinds jokes from that headline, but imagine the horror of that! Literally falling into hell. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Agreed, guesomely funny in one sense but the reality: peacefully asleep then falling into a black hole to be crushed and suffocated

I don't understand. It says it's a 20ft wide and 20 ft deep hole. In my calculation that's about 6 meter wide and 6 meters deep. While that is a big hole, I fail to understand how this guy can be missing in that hole and they cannot locate him.

it is not just a hole, sinkholes form when flowing underground water washes away the subsoil. Gradually the top layer thins out and collapses into a very large underground cavern. It is also seldom one collapse but a series of continous collapses much like an avalanche as the edges/rim is destabilized

Attachments

• Sinkhole%20006.jpg
    Sinkhole%20006.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 17,111
  • sinkhole_types3.png
    sinkhole_types3.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 40,143
  • SinkholePoster.gif
    SinkholePoster.gif
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,314
Cables from a television led down into the hole, but the TV set, along with a dresser, was nowhere to be seen.

At least he didn't miss "Survivor"......................

They are now saying it is 30ft in diameter and over 100ft deep and expanding. An engineering firm working with the local fire department (for just these such instances) are using ground penetrating radar and believe the house will eventually be swallowed. Houses around this house have also been evacuated. Scary *hit man.

Still standing as of this morning, but apparently it is but a shell. They have cordoned off the house about 100ft in radius from the center of the sinkhole.

Oh has that been determined? I know it is assumed, but didn't realize that there was an official statement. I thought they were waiting for Beelzebub to nail the proclamation on the upside down Jesus statue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back