Flying Legends 2017

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was sent the following video today. Those of us who were at the show last year will never forget the last few moments of P-51 Miss Marilyn's flight as the pilot tried hard to get it back to the field after engine trouble, only to bank away at the last minute to put it down in a nearby field:

OK, so it's just over five weeks to go for 'Leg Ends, 2018', and so far, the 'forum meet' consists of Karl, me, Marcel and his Father-in- Law, Hans, Sander (Kingscoy) from the Netherlands, and Grant (Nuumann) all the way from New Zealand, and I'm guessing probably Gary (Geedee).

Any other forum members planning on going ?

As usual, Karl and I will be travelling down on the Saturday (14th July), and going to the show on Sunday (15th July), when my 'Tin Tent' will be parked at the end of the path from the main entrance leading to the taxi-way between the grass and the TFC hangar, providing a 'base' to meet, and with the usual facilities - chairs, tables, kitchen etc etc.
All are welcome, and, of course, on Sunday evening, after the show, we will be hosting a BBQ, including a reasonable supply of 'fall over juice', at our campsite, roughly 3 miles west of the center of Cambridge, when Karl will be doing his Chef thing over the charcoal pit, and some other long-term attendees of 'Legends', from the UK and Europe, will possibly stagger by.
So, if you're going, come and say hello, and if you fancy the (possibly dangerous !) Sunday evening soiree, let me know !!
Should be a great weekend, and a sociable gathering for those who can make it to the very pleasant campsite for the BBQ.

Pics below from last year's event and BBQ.

Legends 2017 No1.jpg
Legends 2017 A.jpg
Legends 2017 B.jpg

I would love to come Terry and will again some day but this year my bride and I will be on a Baltic cruise which coincides with that weekend. We'll be in Copenhagen on that Sunday and will think of you guys. Have a great time!

I would love to come Terry and will again some day but this year my bride and I will be on a Baltic cruise which coincides with that weekend. We'll be in Copenhagen on that Sunday and will think of you guys. Have a great time!
Copenhagen is pretty close, i say you should storm the ships bridge and swing by, all it takes is a bit of effort :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back