Focke Wulf Ta 152H.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have completed 7 of 16 pages. After a short look around, I found no instructions for the use of GM-1 or MW-50 devices (for Ta-152 H-0), sorry.

On the G-6, it was one or the other, not both. The fill point for the tank, which was mounted behind the fuel tank, used the same fill point on the starboard side with the correct decal applied for which 'boost juice' was was being used.

Erich said:
KK wasn't the 109G with the GM-1 given a U designation ? can't remember

Yes, the reference I have says /U2 but there is some confussion on the number so that might not be correct.

In my book Messerschmitt Me-109 Volume II from 1942-1945I have found this in it:
The Bf-109G-1/R2, G-2/R2, G-3/U2, G-6/U2, G-5/R2 (G-5/U2), G-8/U-2 used the GM-1 power boost system

The Bf-109G-4/U3, G-6/U3, G-8/U3, G-10/R2, G-10/U4 used the MW-50 system.

However no where in the book does it say that they used both systems. The Bf-109 did not.

What I've found interesting as I've researched this is that MW50 was considered to be rather heavy but worth it - GM1 was considered to be very heavy (475 lbs) and of questionable worth.

Interestingly, N2O injection was also used on the Mosquito.

=S=

Lunatic

Erich said:
for the G-10 the MW 50 was an automatic installation. some guys have posed that there was a G-10/AS but this is not the case.

Erich

The only G varients that were AS I believe were the G-6AS and the G-14AS.

Something that I found interesting was that there were F varients (F-2Z, F-4Z that used the GM-1.

After a significant amout of research into the topic, I have discovered that the MW-50 and GM-1 systems did not "share the same hole". This is evidently traceable to an erronous diagram in a book.

MW-50 is actually 50% methenol, 49% water, and 1% top oil (to keep the MW-50 system pumps lubricated). It is injected prior to the blower.

GM-1 (Nitrous-oxide) is injected after the blower.

Evidently only certain Jumo engine installations used both. Also both systems were kind of heavy. Both together (plus water) adds up to about 800 lbs.

=S=

Lunatic

Well I will see what I can find out about it. There is a section covering the topic in the Bf-109K-4 manual that I am translating right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back