Former Marine beaten unconscious protecting teen from 3 bullies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But Bobby in the 35yrs since I have been in school things have changed so much.We use to be able to get in a fight and the worst one might expect is a paddling or a suspension in worst case scenario.Now should one stand up for themselves anyway at all you are suspended even if protecting yourself.This type up attitude by society breed bulles and weaklings for the only ones that learn to fight is the bullies.I bet by the time I finished the 8th grade I probably was involved in 20-30 fights maybe:dontknow:The fighting taught me how to stand up for myself/younger brother but how to defend yourself with knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses but by the end of the 8th I was getting bigger and kids knew I would not back down.I am not saying everybody needs to fight but it is an important survival tool that has to be taught and thats why the Marine jumped he just forgot about step #2 or had to much faith in the weaklings.

I don't know how it was in your day, but in mine (I graduated high school in 1971), when two students were caught fighting, both were suspended. Now, in many high schools and middle schools, the kids caught fighting are taken out in handcuffs.

In high school (mid 60s) I had a guy pull a switchblade on me in a locker room (not a sport/gym locker room). These were full length lockers, not the half lockers one sees today. The door and a boot to the crotch had him dropping the knife and himself to the floor. A few other guys gave him some boots. No one ever had a problem with the guy again. No action taken from the office, or the cops, either and the VP was one nasty sob (in a nice way) who must have known of the altercation.

Growing up, if you let a bully bully you you were looked down on but not all of us were capable of fighting back and then a few of us would get together and 'fix' the bully.

As I have stated earlier, I am an idiot. It started early (1st grade?), when I kicked a bully square in the face, when he had another boy pinned down by using his knees on the other boys arms while sitting on him. Bully was hitting him in the face and grabbing him in the crotch, alternatively. (Hope this gives a proper picture.) Anyways, I flattened the afore mentioned bullies nose. (Blood was everywhere!) And, the thing is, I was never bothered by anyone in any way the whole time I was at school. Said bully eventually was in the football program, but he always gave me a wide berth.
And I had a devoted friend (In the guy I rescued) throughout the time I went to school.
So there was that, except he was a creepy little weirdo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back