Former Marine beaten unconscious protecting teen from 3 bullies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have no time whatsoever for bullies, of any any age, race or creed. It's a shame that each one of those scum can't be put through the Marine's basic training course, but without any of the rest, or accolades that go with the course, before being dumped into the deepest pit available and left to rot.
People like that are a waste of rations, and not worthy to be part of civilisation - **** 'em.

Concurr !

And all these clowns just standing around is why the mongrels are going to win.
If I had known 50 years ago, I would have had a vasectomy Long ago!
Who in their right mind would bring a child into this madness!
Now I know why our life span is so short, and sometimes would be better to let Nature take it's course.

Descends from soapbox.

If I had witnessed that melee, I would have borrowed Mr. Wright's ballbat and waded into that group of MoFos...perhaps not soon enough to save the Marine from getting bruised up, but those a-holes would have most certainly been incapable of running from the scene.

People just cannot stand by idle when a fellow person is in need. To me, standing by doing nothing is just as criminal as the act itself.

we as a people need to know how to react and not be paralized by fear. it baffles my mind to some degree but i understand it on another level. of all the situations of life there are several important ones that we plug our heads into holes like ostrichs under some stupid delusion that it will never happen because we are too civilized. issues like this is one....active shooter ( crazy gunman in public is another ).....people just dont understand they can overwhelm bad actors like and do nothing.... this is one topic that really sets me off....because it never has to be as bad as it usually ends up. it ought to be taught and run like fire drills at every school and institution....that is the only way that kind of $#!t is going to stop or slow down... getting off my soapbox now...

Last edited:
But Bobby in the 35yrs since I have been in school things have changed so much.We use to be able to get in a fight and the worst one might expect is a paddling or a suspension in worst case scenario.Now should one stand up for themselves anyway at all you are suspended even if protecting yourself.This type up attitude by society breed bulles and weaklings for the only ones that learn to fight is the bullies.I bet by the time I finished the 8th grade I probably was involved in 20-30 fights maybe:dontknow:The fighting taught me how to stand up for myself/younger brother but how to defend yourself with knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses but by the end of the 8th I was getting bigger and kids knew I would not back down.I am not saying everybody needs to fight but it is an important survival tool that has to be taught and thats why the Marine jumped he just forgot about step #2 or had to much faith in the weaklings.

To Javlin, yes back in the day we used fists,had it out and usually shook hands afterwards,maybe an occasional belt,BB bat,chain was extreme, now it's about saving face and the results be damned. You can't have a fight anymore without getting jumped, then it quickly escalates,knives, guns. It's like they think it's a video game and you can hit reset. A fight now is almost a movie set because you know your going to be on YOUTUBE and you have to be "BAD" or your a dumped on. Sad days ahead I'm afraid.....

That's the way it was back in my younger years. Out on the grass after class or by the flagpole after school...mano-Y-mano and the first guy down lost. The fight ended as long as they stayed down. There was no neck stomping, rib kicking or face pounding. The dude was down, the fight was over. No retaliation by a mob of "friends" to get revenge and all that crap. There were even times when the crowd held back a buddy to make sure it was a clean and fair fight.

I grew up in a time when many of us wore buck knives on our belts (I had a Buck 112) at school and NOT ONCE was a knife ever pulled on an opponent. To do so was to be considered a "wuss" and lose face in front of your peers. It simply wasn't done.

And when a fight broke out, the coach or one of the other teachers would break it up and the one that started it was guarenteed a trip to the principle's office and the defender was either told to get to class if it was a clear case of self defense, or was also sent to the office to let them sort it out.

Times have most certainly changed :(

I'm an idiot. I have run into burning structures, pulled people out of wrecks, stepped in to situations where, (thank goodness) the "crazy" stare and a few well placed words worked to stop threatened mayhem.
But that was awhile back. Like several others here, I am too old for an ass kicking, but I am dumb enough that I may risk it, should the situation arise.
I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone watches while bad things happen. In all of the stupid things I have done, I can't remember even thinking about it, I just switch into idiot mode and go.
My wife maintains that this is how I will die, running into traffic to save an injured squirrel or something.
I personally don't agree. I don't like squirrels that much.

Yes times have changed and really without having to say so has morals like GreuGeist mentioned it was almost dishonorable in a sense to have someone help in your fight.I actually one night either 20/21st Bday got in a fight avengeing the trampling of a younger brother when surrounded by five guys I said to my target "do you need someone to fight your fights?" and the fight went to a one on one.No honor and no morals abound as they did even 40yrs ago.God how life has changed.

I'm not a fan of Roseanne, though the early shows were funny but one show "Dan's Birthday Bash" struck a chord with me.
Dan has a party at the Lobo where he get hasseled by a bigger, younger, all muscle, roustabout Jack (Eric Allen Kramer). They face-off, exchange "words", Dan shoves Jack and starts to swing but Roseanne stops him. "You promised" she said and then leaves. Dan has a fit but later on confesses to Roseanne that he was really glad she stopped him. "You mean you didn't want to hit him?" Roseanne asks. Dan replies "Oh I wanted to hit him. I just didn't want him to hit me back. Don't know what's happened to me. 10 years ago I woud have waded into him witout a second thought."
With age comes wisdom? Or perhaps a better view of possible consequences both to yourself and your family?

Perhaps, but you will notice that in that same episode, Dan clocks the fool, after said fool insults his "Fat wife".
Ah, if only the real world worked that way.
I am not real proud of it, but I used to do a bit of bar fighting. For money, I mean. The gods blessed me with cat-like reflexes, and although I have never been a big person, I used to be pretty strong. I was a furniture mover since I was 14, and at one point I had, well, not an attitude, but I wouldn't take any crap. If you know what I mean....
Anyways, just for giggles, I would put up 50 bucks that I could beat anyone in the place. Fair fight, and when one of us went down, that was it.
I won most of them, and mostly the guy that challenged me would accept the idea that he had been beaten.
Not so one night.
One night, I got shot.
My opponents friend didn't like the idea that I bested his friend and this (thankfully drunk) idiot fired a 22 pistol that (thankfully, again!) ricocheted off the wall and only clipped me in the shinbone. Not that it didn't break the bone, seriously, it broke the f*cker! With a weird "tinK" sound that I heard in my core being, If that makes any sense.
That was the end of my fighting days.
At least for money.
I'm still the kind of idiot that will step in when there is a wrong being done.
Right is right, and wrong is wrong.
It is said, god protects drunkards, fools, and Americans, well, I got all three covered!

Yep...know the sound of a breaking bone. It almost seems like you feel it in your inner ear more than anything, but you know right away that it broke.

I been in the thick of it more times than I'd like to remember and I've certainly had my share of broken bones including my skull. By the way, a skull fracturing is very loud...much louder than a breaking rib, for example. And I've come to the conclusion that as I get older, I simply don't heal as fast as I used to, so now I'm a little more reserved when it comes to getting into a brawl.

As far as stepping into a situation like the Marine did, I wouldn't hesitate. But you can bet money on the fact that I'll bring an equalizer into the equation.

(As far as broken bones goes, this recent wreck doesn't count. It all happened so damned fast, I honestly didn't think anything was broken until I tried to get out of the car.)

Good points in this thread.
There is a quantum leap with what you think you would do and what you do actually do in extreme circumstances.
Like everyone else I detest bullies and scum in general.
I do not want to carry a gun but, I can understand those who do.
Its a **** world.

I think this marine -- who clearly showed courage -- did so because he considered the people being attacked as his people. The rest of the spectators didn't, and they would not risk themselves for strangers they categorized as "other." It's not modern corruption, or media-induced disinterest, or fear of lawsuits and arrest. This sort of thing has happened all through human history; it's just that nowadays it's on the news.

The spectators, who thought that it was better to stand and watch, to shoot the next YouTube sensation video, when identified, should get same punishment as the attackers, by not doing anything, doing jack sh*t, they helped them and not the victims, and therefore same piece of scum!
God forbid, had I been the big wig in a school or any working place and I'd have found out that bullying was going around, I'd come down on them like Thor and his hammer....
Bullies are sad ****ing excuses of human kind, have no time, place or whatsoever over for them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back