Future Group Build Suggestions.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to do a Pacific Theater build. Perhaps mid war. Including crates from England, Australia, New Zealand, United States and Japan.

Stick it on your list Karl, with any other ideas, and we can all vote, when all the lists are all in.
Ah, Jan, NOW I know what you mean! It is a nice looking aircraft, and, from certain frontal angles, I sometimes get confused with it and the French thingy, a Potez, I think. Thanks for the clarification via the link.

Interesting idea, Heinz...

But I'll go one better! Why not build support vehicles for aircraft?

Like the Kettengrad (used for the Me262), or a U.S. fuel truck, perhaps a RAF lorrie? For the pros, scratch-build a mule from a carrier in the Pacific! Of course, these are just examples!

I remember seeing a Dodge firetruck in a WWII photo once, I think it would be kinda cool to build one of those sometime!

Well, I had an idea after I posted my last reply...

It might sound stupid, and if so...then I'll claim I was tired and not responsible for what I'm saying...

My idea was to have our regular Group Builds, but at some point combine finished aircraft, and perhaps a vehicle...and incorporate that into a diarama.

Terry showed just how easy a basic one can be, with his recent example of the Fw190 (nosed into the turf) that he built over the holidays.

It might not even have to be part of a Group Build, but perhaps a side build, of sorts...

Some of the completed kits I've seen here are literally works of art...to see one of those machines in a diarama would be just icing on the cake!

All interesting ideas guys! I'm not a car fan generally, but a Willys MB jeep or BMW R75 (if we make it 'ground vehicles') would fit the bill... :)

All good stuff, and again, put it on any lsit you wish to submit. The diorama idea sounds good, as a follow-up to a model. For example, a small diorama of your current model from the current GB etc.
The vehicles one seems popular also, so, when all suggestions are in, by the end of the current GB, we should have something to go at for the polls.

Well, I have a "few" "darkside" NASCAR cars sitting in the same closet as my aircraft, so it'll be a NASCAR racer for me then, Fred Lorenzen, Fireball Roberts, Curtis Turner, "Tiny" Lund, "Junior" Johnson etc. etc....

Yeah, it'll be nice to bite into those Hemi's and other big block yumm-yumm's when the time comes....8) :lol: The only negative is that it's not real Hemi's etc! :lol:

I think just to simplify things, it would go under the general heading of MTO.
OK chaps, there are lots of suggestions and ideas being thrown in, which is great stuff. Could I ask you all to each make a list, including anything you like that has already been mentioned by someone else, so that the ideas can be collated?
There's plenty of time of course, but it would be nice to be in the position of having lists finalised, and the poll conducted and complete, by the beginning of the PTO build in early May.
Although there have been some super suggestions, bear in mind the general feeling regarding the plausibility of a particular build; it needs to be accessible to all, and simple. In other words, no single person needs to struggle to find references, kits, decals etc, and the costs need to be realistic and acceptable.
Many thanks,
Terry.

.....and it doesn't help to throw a hissy fit, like throw yourself on the floor and begin to kick and scream, if your GB isn't getiing picked, right Terry? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back