FW190 airbourne in South Carolina !!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
WOW.... i hope she makes it down to Florida..

I assume its a 1:1 scale reproduction?

Way to go Bob! That's an awesome airplane...and an awesome guy. Additionally, just a quick FYI... I just posted 180+ pictures from my visit with Mark Timken (White 1 Foundation). He's restoring what will soon be the world's only ORIGINAL flying FW-190. He also has a long nose D9 version...in the works. To just quickly explain the level of detail Mark is striving for...he's actually replicating the factory stamps on the replacement skins. This means inside the wings the red ink stampings will be there (if they were on the original). Now that's detail! He also has all the ground equipment to go with the airplanes. This is...without a doubt... the most accurate restoration I've ever seen. I'll be following the progress regularly on my site but if you get a chance...go see it for yourself. The project is currently housed inside Warbird Adventures outside Orlando.

Quick Link: Warbird Radio Presents – Planes of Fame WarbirdRadio.com ... 190-story/

V/R

Matt Jolley

Way to go Bob! That's an awesome airplane...and an awesome guy. Additionally, just a quick FYI... I just posted 180+ pictures from my visit with Mark Timken (White 1 Foundation). He's restoring what will soon be the world's only ORIGINAL flying FW-190. He also has a long nose D9 version...in the works. To just quickly explain the level of detail Mark is striving for...he's actually replicating the factory stamps on the replacement skins. This means inside the wings the red ink stampings will be there (if they were on the original). Now that's detail! He also has all the ground equipment to go with the airplanes. This is...without a doubt... the most accurate restoration I've ever seen. I'll be following the progress regularly on my site but if you get a chance...go see it for yourself. The project is currently housed inside Warbird Adventures outside Orlando.

Quick Link: Warbird Radio Presents – Planes of Fame WarbirdRadio.com ... 190-story/

V/R

Matt Jolley

Matt,

there´s not too much info on Bob Russell´s machine on Internet but at least the engine, propeller and cowling are not original. So what is original? Fuselage and wings?

Last edited:
Great news! I'm always glad to hear of another warbird airborne (no matter if its replica or restored original plane). The four blade propeller gives it a slightly strange appearance though and it would be nicer if they painted it in some genuine historical camouflage scheme...
Too bad I'll never be able to see this plane in person. That would be awsome...

Roman,

Bob's is a Flugwerk kit that has been passed around a bit between builders. The engine is from a Russian aircraft (name escapes me). The main wheels are nose wheels from a modern airliner...the spinner is their own creation. The cowling was modified to fit the engine... Bob has been on my show and I have about 43 pics posted on his airplane. The link to the photos is down below. Hope this helps. When I remember the engine model I'll post a reply. I do know it's much...much larger than the original BMW.

Matt

Bob Russell's New FW-190 – Warbird Radio LIVE! – Friday WarbirdRadio.com

Roman,

Bob's is a Flugwerk kit that has been passed around a bit between builders. The engine is from a Russian aircraft (name escapes me). The main wheels are nose wheels from a modern airliner...the spinner is their own creation. The cowling was modified to fit the engine... Bob has been on my show and I have about 43 pics posted on his airplane. The link to the photos is down below. Hope this helps. When I remember the engine model I'll post a reply. I do know it's much...much larger than the original BMW.

Matt

Bob Russell's New FW-190 – Warbird Radio LIVE! – Friday WarbirdRadio.com

Thank you Matt- regarding the engine in Bob´s airplane- I found the info and already posted it, it´s a Russian engine according to WIX, engine (ASh-82), prop cowling are off a TU2.

Very cool to have such a bird in the air! Somebody should kick the person that chose the upper color, though.:oops:

I am very excited about this and the Flugwerk's "Fw 190 A8 N"s in the air. I might get a chance to see one some day!

Wasn't the ASH 82 the powerplant of the La-5 and La-7 among others? I find this ultimately ironic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back