FW190 airbourne in South Carolina !!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If that's true, the other Flugwerk 190 is powered by the same engine but has a much more authentic looking cowling (except for radiator on top of the engine like Lavochkin radial fighters).

this one kinda looks like a cross between FW 190 and Hellcat.

While this plane is very cool, I much prefer the Flugwerk 190s. They look much more authentic. I got to see a Flugwerk 190 fly back in September. Man was that awesome!

A bit off topic by the way, but next Wed. I will be making a trip to the Willy Messerschmitt Museum in Manching. That is also where they restore original Bf 109s into flying condition. I will make sure to take lots of pics.

Last edited:
Although I applaud the time and effort exerted to build the replica it wouldn't be the star of an airshow IMHO it's no different then a T6 or Harvard dressed up to look like a Zero.

I will be making a trip to the Willy Messerschmitt Museum in Manching. That is also where they restore original Bf 109s into flying condition. I will make sure to take lots of pics.

i cant wait to see those pictures.

Im not really intrested in this "190". Though I appluad the effort. But if I was going to do this, I would make it at least look as close to the original thing as money and time would allow.

I was going to post this in the "videos" section, but I will post it here instead.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1bXBrnGsaA

Not sure if this is a Flugwerk 190 or not, but man is it beautiful! I like that he is showing off the rolling ability of the plane.

The 190 is one plane that I have never seen fly that I hope to the most, and there are several American fighters I have never seen fly before that I would pass up to see one of these.

I love the Fw190 ,but mostly the BMW engined versions. I think the Dora model looks "hacked together".

A question I have for anyone, I remember reading in a book long ago, and I cannot remember which but it might be "Flying Forts", about 8th AF B-17's. There was mention of " rounds bouncing off the armor plate on the belly" of the Focke Wulf. Was this book folklore, or did the belly have armor for the fuel tanks ?

Great thread!

Yes Mike, that is a Flugwerk 190.

A question I have for anyone, I remember reading in a book long ago, and I cannot remember which but it might be "Flying Forts", about 8th AF B-17's. There was mention of " rounds bouncing off the armor plate on the belly" of the Focke Wulf. Was this book folklore, or did the belly have armor for the fuel tanks ?
Great thread!

Mike, I´ve never heard this but if so they for sure meant the special armored version FW-190A-8/R2 Sturmbock with the additional armor plates and armor glass, more here perhaps here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/technical-requests/fw-190a-8-r2-fw-190a-8-r8-difference-19820.html

I was going to post this in the "videos" section, but I will post it here instead.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1bXBrnGsaA

Not sure if this is a Flugwerk 190 or not, but man is it beautiful! I like that he is showing off the rolling ability of the plane.

The 190 is one plane that I have never seen fly that I hope to the most, and there are several American fighters I have never seen fly before that I would pass up to see one of these.

I love the Fw190 ,but mostly the BMW engined versions. I think the Dora model looks "hacked together".

Great thread!

Yeap that is a Flugwerk 190. I got to see that exact same one fly in September. Man was it beautiful! He also flew the 190 in a formation with a Spitfire and P-40 Warhawk. He would roll the 190 out of the formation and fly it down low. The ground shook when she flew by!

Small example

Attachments

• armor.jpg
    armor.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 80
Thats one more reason to go back to Duxford!
The static displays are excellent - but I will be checking to see if I can make it for a flying display day!
Now where did I put the Video Cam?

I have to say, this looks better than that scaled down replica (in white I believe). That one just didn't look right.

Thanks Matt for the updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back