GB 23 Winter War Eastern Front WWII-Allied or Axis

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might do one as a second entry if I have the time - I certainly have enough P-40 kits in my stash - The problem is time. it seems I barley have time to finish one entry for these summertime builds.

going to do one from each side.

looking for a nice subject for my Academy Bf 109 G-6 and i have the decals that came with the Monogram P-39 and they are a bit plain so i might look for some better ones !

did look at my ICM Bf 109 F-4 but will keep that for the next GB as i want to do a dessert coloured 109 !

Might do one as a second entry if I have the time - I certainly have enough P-40 kits in my stash - The problem is time. it seems I barley have time to finish one entry for these summertime builds.

I hear ya. I often only have time work on my builds during the weekend and it seems with the summer here we always have something planned for the weekend. We Canadians don't get very long summers so we have to take advantage of the warm weather when we can.

Looks like this one is a good pot stir and has many of you all fired up for the off. Going to be interesting me thinks.

I will more than likely kick off with my Great Wall Fw 189-A2 and am thinking of a nice whitewash over the conventional camo, sort of venturing into new fields again. If time permits, I'll chuck in a wee Hurricane Mk I in Romanian colours.

See how it goes with my rehab Revell 1/32 109G-6....if it'll help me to get back in the groove of things..
Was thinking Fw 189 as well, but decided for the reconnaissance Ju 88D, have a couple, I think, that is MIA....

As I said, see how it goes...

Glenn, watch those profiles as I think those would have been used in the west for Reich defense.
yes definitely Reich defence not Eastern front
Thanks guys, I was just about to order the decals. I had though JG 54 had been transfered to the eastern front by the time they got 109Gs and FW 190s. I'll have to look closer at My JG 54 book and try to come up with something else.

I really wanted to do a JG 54 bird. Would this one be eastern front?

Attachments

• EC4840a.jpg
    EC4840a.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi guys. I still havent quite made up my mind, but i do have a shortlist I think. I am thinking of three choices..

Swordfish, probably of 835 sqn as deployed on either Vindex or Activity. The problemn I have here is that there are not good colour schemes of such a specific aircraft, and decals might be an issue.

Barracuda as involved in one of the attacks on the Tirpitz as she lay in the northern waters harbour roughly March-July 1944. Barras are fairly hard to track down Ive found and a bit pricey I think, but its an unusual aircraft to model probably one of the ugliest aircraft of the modern age, their ugly duckling looks belied a very capable aircraft.

A Mavag Heja. Trouble here is that locally i can get a closely similar RE 2000 but dont have the decals to finish in Hungarian colours. Any advice on firstly the major differences in appearance, and secondly where to get decals for this bird in Hungarian livery

Any ideas on any of these options?

Yep, eastern front. Looks like Trautloft's.

As a suggestion Glenn, JG54 was known for its innovative and non-conventional camouflage schemes. If you want something different than the standard 74/75/76 scheme above, there are many more possibilites

Yep, eastern front. Looks like Trautloft's.

As a suggestion Glenn, JG54 was known for its innovative and non-conventional camouflage schemes. If you want something different than the standard 74/75/76 scheme above, there are many more possibilites

True...!

Bf.109.F.47x_zpsh2hguczt.jpg

Bf 109F-2 'White 9' flown by Oberleutnant Hans Philipp II./JG 54, Summer 1942....

(Profile by Mark Styling..)

Up to now I've been looking at decal sheets but there doesn't seem to be too much of a selection. Maybe I should look at profiles and see if I can make up the markings from pair decals.
That is a very cool paint job Jan, but its too much like the JG 52 Emil I did for the BoB build. I want something unique but different from that one.

Dooh.....ooops....sorry Master Wayne! :oops:

Well, as it is, just out of pure interest, been looking into these reconnaissance 88's, some are MIA in Barents Sea and around up north in that inhospitable area...

Barents_Sea_map_zpspd00pe4m.png

There's a bit of confusion though, some sources state, that there were no D-1's built of the '88, is that correct?

This one then Glenn?

a3262830-253-bf_109_f_4_friedruch_russia_zpshn1zwr4z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back