GB-37 1:24 Hawker Hurricane I - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Name: Jeff Hunt
User Name: Jeff
Scale: I:24
Subject: Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk. I
Category: Intermediate
OOB Build

Okay lads, jumping in with this old kit. I have no idea where I will put it when finished but I will figure that one out in time. I had this kit given to me by the widow of a fella I used to work with. I plan on using the kit decals but may have to change if they crap out due to age. I plan on making her up as P3854.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

Won't get her started till after I am done the JU-87 and that will not be happening till after I return from a holiday with Mother Superior.

Cheers,

Jeff

All of those three subjects sound extremely suitable to me !

I remember seeing this kit built, at an IPMS Nationals around 40 years ago, where the modeller had scratch-built an exceptional amount of small details, including the small rings on the cowling support panels, where the fasteners locate, and with panels removed to show scratch-built internal detail too, and all this long before the advent of PE and resin parts - a stunning model that really impressed me.
I built the 1/24th scale Spitfire when it was first released, around 1970, which was a really advanced kit at the time, and a few years ago, I did the Bf109E, but the kit was really showing it's age, with some parts so poorly moulded that I ended up doing it as a belly-landed example !
It would be nice if Airfix did a re-tooling job on this early range of 1/24th scale kits, as the current releases are still using the original moulds, and it shows.
However, judging from the box art on your example, it looks to be from quite some time back, probably early 1990's, so the quality should be fairly good.

Nice one Jeff, I remember doing this kit as a youngster ner 45 years ago. No doubts you will blow away what I did back then, but I always had a bit of a love affair for the Hurricane. Looking forward to this. Lots of room to work.

I reckon this kit will scrub really nicely, notwithstanding its age. I know I'm looking forward to watching and learning....

Its really cool when they include those colour plates in the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back