GB-41 1/48 P-38L - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

6 ??? :oops: Heuuuu, for me I stop with 3, I hope weathering will bring some more "shades" :)

I tried for the first time Xtreme Metal paints from AK Interactive: Aluminium AK479, Dark Aluminium AK480 and Matte Aluminium AK488 => Xtreme Metal Paints - AK Interactive Xtreme Metal Paints
Very easy to apply with airbrush, fast drying, easy to mask, etc... =>

:)

Sounds and looks good to me.
Will have to give that a go!

Hello,
Decals almost done. It remains only the "red 131" that I didn't succeed to print. The ink doesn't "paste" on the decal sheet... :(
I had these decals sheets (for inkjet printer) since almost 20 years but I was succeeding to print with a color laser printer at my job there is 9 or 10 years ago :rolleyes:. But unfortunately, I lost my job => company closed :confused:
But impossible to print at my home with my Canon inkjet printer. So I ordered new clear decals sheets from MDP (Mr Decal Paper) for inkjet printer and I hope it will be OK.
DSCN4415.JPGDSCN4417.JPG
I keep hope :)

Reds generally don't print well I have found. I recently bought more decal sheets made by Testors and they no longer distinguish between ink jet and laser whereas they did so before. All the same paper now.

Steph, need to hear from you. GB 41 Ends June 2nd
I just add my comment, sorry Andy, I didn't see your post :oops:

Hello,
Bad news and good news...
Bad news: I have not receive the clear decal sheets yet :(
Good news: a friend of mine, Captain Frey on this forum, helps me and he printed the "red 131" I need. I think to receive it this week.
Here is the test
20190525_095424.jpg

So, I keep working on some details
DSCN4425.JPG

I hope to have the time to finish but I'm not very sure. I'll receive the decals wednesday, and only 2 days left to finish, maybe too short for me :rolleyes:. And impossible to work the 1st and the 2nd of June, my son comes in my home for the week-end :)

Hello,

Finally, I will not be able to finish this model :(
Despite the help of my friend Captain Frey and the very nice rendering of his prints, the decals on my P-38 are darker and more transparent than the tests done at Captain Frey home.
I tried to brighten with red paint but the result is inconclusive... Maybe painting is in question and maybe I'm also too much a maniac :rolleyes:
I think that the idea proposed by Captain Frey would solve the problem: make masks in white or red under the decals. But for the moment I haven't the time and I feel a little down to make that :confused:
DSCN4427.JPGDSCN4428.JPG

The beautifull rendering with the tests made by Pascal (Captain Frey)
20190526_091601.jpg

Not having received the decals I ordered to make other tests, for the moment, this P-38 returns in his box... Sorry :(

Sorry to hear that. But IMHO it doesn't look too bad. Also I would say that instead of making the dark decals brighter you could use the same CF's prints put one on another. As a result, you should get them darker and fitted to the already applied dark decal markings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back