GB-43 1/32 Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Azur # A046
Model Type: Polikarpov I-16 Type 10
Aftermarket : home decals of plane of francisco meroño pellicer (CM-253 and the symbol of the 6 moscas squad (a pile))

My chosen pilot is Francisco Merono Pellicer, ace of the Republican plane, combatant with the fare with 20 confirmed demolitions and 5 more claimed during the Spanish civil war and ace with the VVS with 7 confirmed and another 5 probable, decorated by Russia in the war Fatherland, later I will tell you the story of this pilot, who had the good fortune to meet since he was a friend of my great-grandfather Eustaquio who was commissioner of the communist political party and that through my grandfather I could meet and spend a few months talking with him He remained in Spain, before returning to Moscow.

Your plane and I intend to imitate to give to your children will be the : I-16 Type 10, CM-253, 6a. Squad «moscas», Squad 11, Group 21, 1939, Republican, Spanish Civil War.

I-16 super mosca.jpg

At the moment it is all later when the heats are passing a little, which are preventing the plastic from working. I will show you what is going on, now I have to work the inkcape to draw the decals I will print for the model.

Francisco Meroño Pellicer. He was a veteran of two wars, the Spanish Civil War and the Great Patriotic War, pilot aviator, author of the books In the sky of Spain and Spanish Aviators in the Great Patriotic War. He worked as an internationalist mission as a technical advisor in the Company of commercial cooperation (Cuban-Soviet) AVIAEXPORT, located in Havana.

61833210_10213991345727678_4847800561329766400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fmad3-8.jpg

He was born on June 17, 1917, in the town of Mula, province of Murcia. It belonged to a poor and large family, a working family. Soon he became an orphan, on his mother's side, and he knew very early, as a teenager, what a hard and exploitative job means, but he accepted it that way, because he had to help his father support four little sisters, who were very much less than him.

His father takes me to the construction of a swamp in a secluded corner of the Mundo River basin where he learns a bit of all the trades. He studied by correspondence in that jumble of contradictions. Later, he managed to finish his studies at the Topographic Institute of Seville.

One of those early days of the war, being a teenager Francisco Meroño, was injured by a crazy bullet in the leg. Barely recovered, he left for Madrid, without documentation or political endorsement. Destiny took him to the Cuatro Vientos airfield in Madrid and thus his dream of becoming a pilot began to come true.

The chimera of his childhood ends with the forced departure for France through the Pyrenees and the fall into a concentration camp. Fate took him away, not knowing for what time, from his homeland, his family and his companions. When he was released after the concentration camp, he had to emigrate to the USSR, where he worked in a car factory and met his future wife.

After Germany's attack on the USSR, he voluntarily entered the ranks of the Red Army. After the first few days, it is required by the Soviet authorities, along with 18 other Spanish aviators, to train and execute special tasks, piloting German planes, which the Soviets possessed prior to the world conflict as a result of the exchange of war material. During the first months of the ongoing operations, he piloted the Yakovlev Yak-7 and Yakovlev Yak-1 type fighter jets and simultaneously trained in the German fighter Messerschmitt Bf-109. When Moscow is under siege, it participates in the air defense until the end of March 1942, piloting a Soviet MIG-3 fighter. He is then highlighted in the company of Fernando Blanco de la Carrera and Vicente Beltrán Rodrigo in the Tula sector of the Central Front.

He flew in many types of Soviet fighters, defended the sky of Moscow, Tula and Stalingrad. In those almost two years of work in the Soviet sky, he shot down seven German planes. Later, in the summer of 1943, he and his colleagues would fight in the Battle of Kursk, but in the first days of combat, Meroño was shot down by friendly fire due to a confusion by a crossfire and when he fell by parachute, he was seriously injured in the left leg and chest. He fell on a Russian front and because of his foreign uniform, he was mistaken for a German or Italian pilot; they were going to kill him, but first they tried to revive him to interrogate him. Once he recovered, when he understood what the soldiers were talking to each other, he repressed them with a barrage of tacos in Russian, which only people of very low culture used, and that was precisely what saved his life. At the end of six months of recovery, he is assigned as an instructor to a flight school, whose tasks surprise him at the end of the war.

post war

In June 1948, he was demobilized from the Air Forces and went on to occupy a management position in a civil aviation factory in Moscow, tasks he abandoned in 1964 to travel to Cuba, where he served as an internationalist mission as a technical advisor in the Company of commercial cooperation (Cuban-Soviet) AVIAEXPORT, located in Havana. There he remains with his wife and daughter for six years and at the end of that work, he returns to Moscow with his family to join a quiet civil life, in the company of his eldest son. Since then he lives in that city, where he finds time to write his memoirs. In 1970 he was retired because of different diseases. Thus he continued his emigrant career with the family, which at that time had constituted in the country that welcomed him so long ago.

In March 1970, June 1972 and November 1992, accompanied by his family he traveled to his homeland, where he continued to live, missing his presence and his love, the five sisters of his. He did not return to his homeland, because he did not want his wife to suffer the same, that he had suffered, away from her.

In 1975 he published a book entitled In the sky of Spain and in 1985 he launched another, with the title of Spanish Aviators in the Great Patriotic War, both published in Russian and Spanish by the Progress Editorial of Moscow. He left in manuscript two unpublished works: Just as it was, a true portrait of the life of an emigrant in exile during the war and post-war years and The Spanish Gabroso, which is a series of stories about the life of young Spanish orphans in the conditions of war in your country.

At the end of the 80s, although he lived abroad, the Spanish Government promoted him to the rank of colonel, being officially recognized as retired, with the employment of colonel of the Aviation Weapon of the Spanish Armed Forces.

He died on July 17, 1995 in Moscow (Russia), because of a myocardial infarction. Rest in peace, tireless fighter for the justice and rights of your people and for the independence of other states.

Bibliography

In the sky of Spain. Editorial Progreso, Moscow 1979.
Spanish Airmen in the Great Patriotic War, Editorial Progreso, Moscow, 1986.

information obtained from:

Francisco Meroño - EcuRed

Last edited:
Wow 3 Ratas in this GB. Should be interesting.

no, no, no "ratas" no..., The name of the rat was given by the fascists in the GCE, the Spanish Republicans knew them as flies, because in the packing boxes like the first ones that came they came from the Moscow plant it was written in Cyrillic ...

tomorrow I will put the photos of the laterals and the advances of the cabin that I will leave as is, the only thing that I will do will be the holes that I had in front of the padding on the ip

Such a cool little plane, must have been a gas to fly ! I still have my 1:72 scale one I built about 45 years ago. About 2.5 inches long. Great to see one in 1:32 !

After the thousands of problems with my internet connection, I already started to have it under control, I can start putting the advances of the plane, follow the thread because the work that the plane took me is tremendous
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

I made the holes that the plane had in the fuselage so that the cabin had light,

14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back