GB-43 1/32 Polikarpov I-16 Type 10 - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I work and more work, to solve these joints I made liquid plastic, place in a jar of empty tamiya glue, 3/4 parts of MEK and I was cutting the blister of the eduard plane (the plastic of eduard for this I like more than others marks), and when everything was dissolved, I was giving layers to fill in the hole that I had, to give the shape to the leading edge or the joints of the ailerons that are even more disastrous, a tube that reduces the union of the fuselage to the rudders of depth almost 3 mm between the top and bottom.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

the proof of how I have to put the helm to stick it in place, until this piece is badly designed ....

23.jpg

well after sanding and sanding, masking and sanding and finally giving a layer of gunze putty, I finished this process and passed the painting process.
the color is very conflictive since it is not very clear if the Spanish-made airplanes of the late 38s were painted with the colors that the Russian planes were already painted, so after much research and dialogue with the great experts in this plane in this time, I decided to give the Russian green 2 of gunze, it is a color similar to the fs 14257 very similar to the AII green that was the color that was given to the plane, it is the basis on this color I will give it lights and shadows to give it the wear aspect due to lack of maintenance time

25.jpg

26.jpg

Nice work, and I agree about the MEK.
There used to be an excellent, thin liquid cement, called MekPak, which. was virtually 100% MEK. Haven't seen it around for some time, so probably banned nowadays.
MEK was widely used in the printing industry, as a plate cleaner, and could be dangerous if left on a cotton wool swab - it can become a contact explosive - and it's not very healthy to breathe in either !
I have a feeling that TET contains at least some MEK, judging by the smell and the way it works.

Thank you all for commenting.

Well tell you that this mek, is a methyl ketone whose solution is almost 50%, (domino cleaner) is the product used in inkjet lotifiers, for head cleaning, although it is suitable according to What places (food industry for example), I always work with him with the extractors running, I only in the room and with the mask on!, already in case I wear the built-in glasses!
that TET, butyl acetate-acetone I have it too, is another lotifier cleaner like mek. (image cleaner).
and if it is very good of cement glue.
the smell is very unpleasant and the effects that it has according to plastics are unpleasant, but something that it has when putting plastic is that the damage is reduced on the plastic of the plane.

The damage it does to plastic has one benefit, I used to break up bits of broken tail lights and put them in a jar with MEK. When it turned to liquid I used it to repair and restore other tail lights, stop lights, reverse lights etc. The smell now pretty much gives me an instant head ache. I keep some in a small jar and soak airbrush parts in it. Other wise I stay away from it, same goes for acetone !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back