GB-43 1/48 Mosquito FB.VI - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. A bit overboard but I'm enjoying it. Though the model is different from our restoration project (ours is a B. 35), I'm actually using this project as a means of learning the location and function of various devices and systems. I feel that if I model it, it burns into my memory. I've benefited already in this way with my earlier B. Mk IV.

I know what you mean Andy.
Building and detailing models has also helped me to better appreciate the real subject, and, of course, working with the real subject (although some time ago for me) obviously helps when detailing, or correcting a model.

Thanks guys. Work continues at a snails place as I've been busy helping to manage turnover of our Hurricane and associated events. Nonetheless, I did get a little bit done in the bomb bay:

19102101.jpg

In the picture above, the fuel gallery, in grey, is now fully plumbed. The two lines entering the front of the unit serve the outer wing tanks. The fore and aft lines coming out of the top of the unit serve the starboard and port inner wing tanks, respectively, and the center one in the top comes from the fuselage tank and you can just see how I've inserted the other end into the tank nearest you. Behind the gallery can be seen the vent lines and associated relief valves. The line ends in a opening into the slipstream in the sidewall above the door hinge.

Next came the addition of hydraulic lines and hoses to the forward door jacks:

19102102.jpg

As I'm still shaking, I think I'll stop for now! Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks guys. The hydraulics were a pain and I also need to do the aft jacks. A busy area and a slippery slope when detailing, by which I mean that it becomes hard to justify not doing everything. The port sidewall needs to be attended to as well but this area is limited to the flying control cables and a filler pipe for the long range fuel tank, which I won't be installing. The LR tank, had I chosen to install it, would have come with its own fuel and relief systems adding to complexity but also hiding much of the interior.

Thanks everyone.

Port half of the fuselage done. Bomb bay details shown the other day have been painted. Pilot's sidewall now has rudder trim cables, oxygen hose, intercom wire and lights added. All the PE was done many moons ago but I don't remember if I showed it before.

19102401.jpg

The halves have now been glued together and are resting comfortably. Pics when I peel all the elastics off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back