GB-46 1/48 La-5FN - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Ready to assemble wings and fuselage
DSCN5105.JPG
:)

Hello,

Some work...
DSCN5108.JPGDSCN5110.JPG
:)

I built this one about 10 years ago thinking of making one of Evstigneev aircraft (infos from here: Evstigneev ), but it seems that is a mistake.
Lavochkin La-5FN, 240IAP, 302IAD, Ukraine, oct. 1943-juin 1944, Lt K. A. Evstigneev.jpg
"White 95" was probably a La-7... Evstigneev apparently flew La-5F "white 55" and "white 78", La-5F(or FN) "black 96", La-5FN "white 76" and "white 14" and La-7 "white 95".

Hello,
Step 2 (and 3) done :)
DSCN5298.JPGDSCN5299.JPG
I decided not to apply white marking on the tail or the rudder of this specific aircraft... No proof that the aircrafts of this unit wore something like that... We can see an aircraft with something which seems to be a white marking on the rudder (background of photo on post #7) but not sure she was of the same unit.
It exists some photos of V. Popkov beside "white 75" of the same unit at the same period and there is no trace of a white marking on the tail. So I decided to do the same on "white 01" :rolleyes:
Decals soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back