GB-48 Split Build - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII / Military A/C before 1939 (incl Spanish Civil War)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Well only a couple weeks till the next start date. Don't worry all, still about 5 weeks to finish 47, I know I've got a couple in there. So what's on everyone's mind? I'm thinking of a couple of TBM/TBF's. I'm thinking of the HobbyBoss and the AM/Academy kit's two different builds to compare them. I like the HobbyBoss allows for the wing's to fold. It takes some update work as it is just a basick fold but it's a starting place. AM/Academy's kit does not have a wing fold option. The "Turkey" was used for several years, in many configurations but I think two TBM-3's will do the trick. Late war '45 time frame I was thinking. We'll see.

Wow, time flies and I'm getting so far behind on my GB47 entry and I haven't finished my GB46 entry yet!

I have two possibilities for this GB, three if you count one of Doolittle's B-25s. The other two are an early AM Dauntless and an Eduard Avia B-534 but I have no idea if or when I will go ahead with one of these.

At the moment it looks like I'm down to an Eduard F6F-5 Hellcat or an Eduard F6F-5 as an FAA Mk.II. Just need to see if there are any difference between them

I been thining about getting the B18 Bolo ASW model. I have a PBM5A in my small stash. I planed on making it a Nightmare with torpedoes hanging on a crane since I have not been able to find a beaching kit. If I can find the time...

There are also items such as P-47 delivered, and flow off of carriers such as the Doolittle bombers. Hurricane Mk1A and B flown from merchant ships and could not land but had to ditch. There are a lot of options here, B-24 and 17, B-18. Hudsons and Venturas. just to name a few. Heck Cessna from the CAP flying submarine patrol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back