GB-48 Split Build - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII / Military A/C before 1939 (incl Spanish Civil War) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Starting to dust off my Accurate Miniatures SBD-1. I have nothing on this bird for references and so am reading up what I can from the net. I bought a cockpit detail set from Eduard but it's for the SBD-3 so I have to figure out what applies. If anyone has info on this I would appreciate being enlightened.

The other thing is that I may ask for a bit of leeway because I'm finding the early 1940 yellow-wings scheme attractive. Technically the US would not have been in the war at the time but our GB stipulates WW2. As an alternative, I could do the bland grey scheme these aircraft used when Pearl Harbour happened.

PM sent Andy. Not much I'm afraid.

1ab.jpg

Starting to dust off my Accurate Miniatures SBD-1. I have nothing on this bird for references and so am reading up what I can from the net. I bought a cockpit detail set from Eduard but it's for the SBD-3 so I have to figure out what applies. If anyone has info on this I would appreciate being enlightened.

The other thing is that I may ask for a bit of leeway because I'm finding the early 1940 yellow-wings scheme attractive. Technically the US would not have been in the war at the time but our GB stipulates WW2. As an alternative, I could do the bland grey scheme these aircraft used when Pearl Harbour happened.
It is a split build, Military aircraft pre 1939 I do believe a Dauntless one hit 37.

Yellow wings are fine with me Andy, the type served in WW2 after all !

I think some East coast squadrons flew them in Atlantic schemes. I'll have a look

I'll have a check what I have for Avenger decals Geo. I didn't use the kit scheme when I built mine.

Hi Geo fubar57 fubar57 I checked my decal stash and don't see anything for the Avenger I built. I probably used the insignia and stencils so all that might have been left were some white numbers.

I was looking at my wind indicator -3. AM USMC Midway, last time that the Vindicator was used in combat. You got one? I can supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back