GB 50 Zombie Build - Waddayathinkin?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So after looking over my 3 unfinished kits i have decided to start with my Monogram B-26 C "Mild and Bitter" in OD and Grey from GB 26 5 years ago and also repaint the Pegasus Hobbies Spitfire MkI my nephew abandoned and do it in the markings of either John Dundas to go with my Helmut Wick collection of Bf 109's or maybe Bob Doe's aircraft.
both shouldn't take too long do if time i might throw in my ICM He 111.
All kits are 1/48 scale as usual

Hello to all friends and colleagues of this great family.
:grouphuuug:
I have been away for almost two years and have barely taken the time to look at a few different topics on our forum.

This is an excellent idea for a GM theme, Andy :salute: ... and it encourages me to try to continue with my last 2 unfinished projects, ... our "AW177" and "Lady in the Dark" (He-111 RAF & P- 61).
With the very little time I have, it might be enough ... so be it.

Un fuerte y cariñoso abrazo para todos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Got a few choices - two F-104's, the same aircraft in RCAF and Danish service, the French T-28 Fennec conversion from around 7 years ago, a Spitfire Mk1 which could be done in a day, a P-47D built around 16 years ago, also a one day job, RAF B-25, that Mirage III where the AK paint messed up. all of these in 1/48th scale, and a 1/32nd scale Hunter.

The P-38 that I said was possible was abandoned because I had to make a resin cowl for the starboard engine and I didn't really like how it turned out. Well, I took it out the other day and the resin had shrunk since I cast it making it even worse. I've been slathering some putty on it and sanding it down and I may yet get it back to looking decent so I may just use the momentum to keep going when May 1 rolls around.

I'm going to restart/redo my Spit from GB 47 D-Day. I have the Eduard MkIXc overtree kit so at least I can use the decals. Not sure what I can use from the first start yet.
sprue1.jpg

"O Cyano-acrylate,
In my home, I glued my hand,
Spilled on my kit, and also the divane
With growing frustration in my eyes
True Glue strong and bound
Nail polish remover for fingers mine
Thy bond is near divine!

O Cyano-acrylate fill these gaps for me!
O Cyano-acrylate fill these gaps for me!

(to the tune of, "O, Canada!")

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been at my Zombie.
Finished 5 weeks of 2hrs per day, 5 days a week of Hyperbaric.
After effects of Prostate removal and bladder bleeding and clots!
You don't want to know more than that.
Got another 7 days to do.
Interrupts the days and takes it outta me.
I will get back to it tho, been beating up some Zombie cars in the meantime.....
Cheers

Sorry I haven't been at my Zombie.
Finished 5 weeks of 2hrs per day, 5 days a week of Hyperbaric.
After effects of Prostate removal and bladder bleeding and clots!
You don't want to know more than that.
Got another 7 days to do.
Interrupts the days and takes it outta me.
I will get back to it tho, been beating up some Zombie cars in the meantime.....
Cheers
take care Bill and get well soon !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back