GB-55 1/48 P-40 K Kittyhawk III - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

so working on this today.

got the fuselage together, then attached the wings and tails.

then noticed i hadn't installed the cockpit tub !

can't get the wings off without destroying it , cant get the tub in through the cockpit opening, going to think on this to see what if anything can be done.

Ok , there was no way of getting the cockpit in the fuselage.
What i have manged to do is get the bulkhead with the seat in place so at least with the canopy closed my massive error will be slightly hidden.
I'll carry on with the build but am expecting it to be judged accordingly:lol:

20220920_193520.jpg

Overall shot of how it looks, seems need tidying up before anything else is done.

20220920_193457.jpg
20220920_193433.jpg

Last edited:
Ok , there was no way of getting the cockpit in the fuselage.
What i have manged to do is get the bulkhead with the seat in place so at least with the canpy closed my massive error will be slightly hidden.

View attachment 687974
The AMT-model (and its clones) does not allow the completed cockpit to be inserted from above. But why don't you try to glue the side walls one by one from above? You could do the same with the floor if the seat was not glued to the back wall. Or if it's not too strongly glued you can still remove it, add the floor and the side walls, paint the belts and attach the seat again.
Just my 2 pennies...
Cheers!

The AMT-model (and its clones) does not allow the completed cockpit to be inserted from above. But why don't you try to glue the side walls one by one from above? You could do the same with the floor if the seat was not glued to the back wall. Or if it's not too strongly glued you can still remove it, add the floor and the side walls, paint the belts and attach the seat again.
Just my 2 pennies...
Cheers!
yep going to try and get sidewalls in, did have them in but due to space they were pushed off when i put the bulkhead in.

Got the sidewalls in, looking a little better at least !

View attachment 688026View attachment 688027
Can you slide the floor in through the front openings? You might need some shims to bring it in the required height though but in this way the floor will sit stable on the lower wing. If the side walls are not glued yet you can cut the tabs on the bottom of each side and help the floor to fit easily. (I'm holding the parts for your model in my hand and "thinking" loud here).
Cheers!

Can you slide the floor in through the front openings? You might need some shims to bring it in the required height though but in this way the floor will sit stable on the lower wing. If the side walls are not glued yet you can cut the tabs on the bottom of each side and help the floor to fit easily. (I'm holding the parts for your model in my hand and "thinking" loud here).
Cheers!
I have tried and the fit is too tight, so i will leave it, just everyone must promise to not look in the cockpit with a torch :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back