Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
User name: N4521U
First name: Bill
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Academy
Model type: P-47N
Extras: Yes........... scratch without a doubt, decals from everywhere, Resin engine, cockpit, PE, cloth belts and whatever I can find in spares.
Please forgive me, I have sinned: A long long time ago I had "started" this kit, big mistake, gone are the instructions but I've downloaded them now. The box? Who knows, I got this image from sleebay. All the bits in the Box, well let's just say I have little in the way of spru left. The only progress I made was attaching the engine parts to themselves and something resembling plug wires. Everything else is sealed.

GB56 1.jpg GB56 2.jpg GB56 3.jpg GB56 4.jpg GB56 5.jpg

N4521U

Lieutenant Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
So, my story.........
I had found a Davidson had flown in this Sqn, the 34th but couold find nothing but these two photos.
GB56 6.jpg GB56 7.jpg
Then my internet searching came up with a 34th reunion booklet with these photos.
Their book cover, Sqn logo, a plane under repair with Spade on rudder, not vert stab.
And an illustration with 3 different versions of tail splash. Hmmmmmm!
GB56 8.jpg GB56 9.jpg GB56 10.jpg
Then these popped up. A crew with a fresh rudder treatment, not matching Anything!
And included in the yearbook, a photo of Davidson and ground crew, I imagine.
So what to do? I will have to find two 7's and I am going with the yellow Tail, black stripe
and the spade on the rudder, it is after all, My model!!!!!!!
GB56 11.jpg GB56 12.jpg
Now to get my wifes chores done so I can go to the bench in peace!
So there! Any objections???

Vic Balshaw

Brigadier General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Ouch!! Now when you say 'cracked' is thay just a painfull knock or did you break someting. Whichever, you take care my friend and when you can, get rid of that bl***y brick. :D

N4521U

Lieutenant Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Ouch!! Now when you say 'cracked' is thay just a painfull knock or did you break someting. Whichever, you take care my friend and when you can, get rid of that bl***y brick. :D
Well that bloody brick is part of the planter edging, not going anywhere. Yes, a small crack in the ball of the Not So Humerus!!!!! Painful? Jusu Cristo! Can't even reach my big nose. It'll be a week or so for the swell using to go down. Only a few minutes sleep last night, damn.

Users who are viewing this thread