GB 58 and beyond

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really like a few of the new suggestions put forward, my current list…

1. Stormy weather ....Great idea
2. Zombie ( II ) Build
3. One Trick Pony , a possibility to expand this a little could add Spitfires
like we did combining Thunderbolts & Lightnings
3a Plus Spitfires Or
4. Spitfires a separate category, covered quite a few models and variations over many years too?
5. Winter War /Eastern Front
6. Night Fighters
7. Carrier Aircraft maritime WW2
8 No Propellers any era for the huge variation this could bring to the table.

So there you go...

Mainly28s Mainly28s I will record your additional picks. You are probably correct those two can very combined. There are still others as well.

Wayne Little Wayne Little thanks for those. Will record and update the list in a few hours. Because several voted for One Trick Pony as just Mustangs I will leave 3a off and record 4 with a note to come back to it if there's enough interest to combine with 3.

Hmmm- One trick pony could also be expanded. The Spitfire and Me/Bf 109 both ran for many years, and were expanded way beyond their original design brief. Twin fuselages, extended wings, bubble tops, bombs, rockets, etc.

OK, updated the summary with the Wayne and Geo's input and the following changes/clarifications:
  • #7 and #15 combined giving Early Ww2 three votes
  • #63 and 55 combined and Wayne's vote added to give Winter War/Eastern Front a total of 4
  • #60 and #52 combined as Jets can go with No Propellers. With added votes from Wayne and Geo, brings the total to 5
  • Wayne's "Carrier Aircraft maritime WW2" included with the "All Eras" subject (#4)
Mainly28s Mainly28s I'm not going to expand the theme of One Trick Pony for the reason mentioned in my post 102. The original idea from Geo to have an all-Mustang build was well recieved so we shouldn't f!ck with that.

EDIT: A reminder that votes can be changed at ny time!

Cats are back in the pen. for now.

Capture.JPG

So many options and ideas. I do like (in no particular order):
1) No propellers - any jet from any time frame (I have a few I really want to select from)
2) Something to include anything from the Spanish Civil War (I have an ICM Hs-126 I really want to build)
3) Love the one trick pony idea along with...
4) Spit me any Spitfire
5) Very heavy hitters
6) PTO
7) Twin Engine - as long as it is after ICM releases their announced new B-26 Marauder due out in Q4 2023
8? Nose Art - I love this idea!

Well, I know I haven't been able to build much for awhile due to an accident, but I'd like to try the PTO. It covers a wide range p of A/C, so the variety of choices, yes including the Spit & 'Stang (which I personally feel are overdone but just my opinion) and everyone can build their favorite. I feel it will be difficult to judge, b but it's a nice choice. Same with stormy weather and Maritime patrol, b but also my likes. I wish I see this earlier. I would like to d see the tank busters any era. I did feel that ground assault might cover that, but I feel that tank busters could also cover anti tank armor was well. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Just one more item, how about original test A/C any era. The original test design before production was started.

Could be rolled into Prototype/Weird
Actually we have a Test Aircraft suggestion by Plastic Hero so this choice went there.

OK you finicky felines, here's the next update:
  • dneid dneid 's choices are all in. Spanish Civil War is a new idea so stands alone. (For now - maybe if there's enough interest we can roll it into a modified Early WW2)
  • Warbirdnutball Warbirdnutball , I have you in for 7 picks: Carrier and Maritime Patrol A/C, Test Aircraft, PTO, Spitfires, Ground Attack (Your tank busters will fit within this), Stormy Weather, and One Trick Pony. You have one more pick if you want.
  • rochie rochie Karl you are now in with a full 8 picks
  • O orion4456 I have you down for Carrier and Maritime Patrol Aircraft all Eras as your 50's and 60s naval aircraft should fit within this. You can make another 7 choices if you like.
Here's the updated list. The red line shows the top 9 (one would have to drop out to make the GBs total 8 but there may be more to come as we have not yet heard from a couple of people. Remember that you can change your votes.

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back