GB-61 1/48 EA-6B Prowler - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys for the input. The reason I'm doing what I'm attempting to do, is because I need a templet to mask with. I know sound dumb but I, going to get this down tight and than clear coat and use vinal tape to mask the lower line and then shoot the rest of the plane.

That's my theory andy way.....

The Fightertown decals worked great...

2024-03-25_14-25-39_903.jpeg
2024-03-25_14-25-46_230.jpeg

If I read you right Don your going to mask over the decal and then spray the remaining area. If this is the case be careful when removing the mask as it could very well also remove the decal. Maybe if you brush a clear coat sealer over the decal a couple of time once the decal is thoroughly dry, this may help protect it and bed it firmly. Just saying. :thumbright::D

If I read you right Don your going to mask over the decal and then spray the remaining area. If this is the case be careful when removing the mask as it could very well also remove the decal. Maybe if you brush a clear coat sealer over the decal a couple of time once the decal is thoroughly dry, this may help protect it and bed it firmly. Just saying. :thumbright::D
Yeah that's my plan. Liquid mask would be a good idea.

Thanks. My concept is for a low tack Tamiya vinyl tape. I understand everyone's concerns and so do I, but I just was having to much trouble coming up with the masking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back