**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Vought AU-1 Corsair – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys
I spent quite a bit of time doing the panel lines last night. Tamiya panel line accent over the gray and white and gray tempera over the black anti-glare on the nose.

20240520_211744.jpg

Thanks guys
I spent quite a bit of time doing the panel lines last night. Tamiya panel line accent over the gray and white and gray tempera over the black anti-glare on the nose.

View attachment 779809

Looks great. Tamiya panel line solution is not my friend.
I was going to ask what it's like.
Not good for you obviously Andy - would MIG Ammo PLW (or similar) be better, or a simple home brew mix?
How did you find it Glenn? Looks great in any case.

It was the first time I've used it for an entire model. It had a seal cote of Future, so it didn't affect the paint at all. It worked very well on the top where it was Model Master gloss gull gray enamel and 2 cotes of Future. I put the panel line accent on, let it dry and wiped the surface with mineral spirits. In the bottom I didn't get quite so good results. I had used Testors square bottle flat enamel paint and it took quite a few cotes of Future to gloss it up enough for decals, and the panel line accent didn't flow into the panel lines as well and some came off with the mineral spirits. Next time I will use less Future. It's always a learning experience.

It was the first time I've used it for an entire model. It had a seal cote of Future, so it didn't affect the paint at all. It worked very well on the top where it was Model Master gloss gull gray enamel and 2 cotes of Future. I put the panel line accent on, let it dry and wiped the surface with mineral spirits. In the bottom I didn't get quite so good results. I had used Testors square bottle flat enamel paint and it took quite a few cotes of Future to gloss it up enough for decals, and the panel line accent didn't flow into the panel lines as well and some came off with the mineral spirits. Next time I will use less Future. It's always a learning experience.
Cheers for that Glenn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back