GB-63 1/48 Bf 108B-2 Taifun - Stormy Weather (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. There will be gaps but these were expected as I found out in a number of builds; not too many went gap free. Nothing stretched sprue and card can't fix. I was happy that I didn't have to do a lot of grinding that most did. I glued the bulkheads to the fuselage and it all closed up

Another area I was warned about was the front cowl piece not fitting so forewarned, I didn't glue the front of the fuselage halves together. I'll glue the front piece to one side of the fuselage and when fully cure I'll squeeze the fuselage halves together and when I get a good fit on the other side I'll add glue. When dry I'll tend to whatever gap is on the upper and lower fuselage. Not too concerned about the fuselage seems being present as these could be seen on real aircraft much like the 109; a bit of rubbing down and good to go

Last edited:
It looks like there is quite tight fitting of the engine replic and the fuselage parts. I would remove some of the plastic from the inner area of the engine compartment. IMHO the gaps may disappear with no trouble.
Anyway a good job so far , Geo .

The pit looks great George, and you should be able to deal with the cowl gaps.
Nice simple detail but not sure if I'd want to be in the same space as the fuel tank, if that is what it is on the back seat area. Oh the fumes!
My 74 year old pickup has the gas tank in the cab behind the seat and there is never any fumes. I worried about it when I first got it, thinking maybe I should relocate it, but I don't even think about it now. Been driving it for 36 years and havn't blown up yet.

Last edited:
Never needed a working gas guage, just listened to the 'sloshing' volume!

Thanks all. Gaps are filled with stretched sprue, now working on the tail struts. I needed to find photos/diagrams of how they laid as the instructions have them upside down. I found out that the wide part of the strut that now attaches to the stabilizer is not as flush a fit as one would expect. I also had to drill the the fuselage holes at an angle, not an easy task. I also found that the fuselage seam did not run all the way to the canopy, as shown here, so needed to be removed. Also shown is the filler cap Eduard forgot to include but did include the fuel grade decal

Hope to start painting tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread