GB-63 1/48 Macchi C.202 "Folgore" - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, that underside pic is typical of what I get.
I would saw cut and insert a piece if thin card and fill what is left.
The card will create an edge to use for rescribing.

Re the underside cowling fit. Berny sent me this pic and comment.

"This gap is visible both below and above and should not be closed."
20240911.jpg

As you ca see the lack of a snug fit also carries over to the upper cowl. :lol:

A little bit of detail work follows. If you look at the second pic in post #112, you can see a hole in the center of the radiator outlet duct. Hasegawa would like us to mount a single radiator flap actuator in this hole but in actual fact, there are TWO rods that control the flap as seen here:

1726076349501.png

So, I filled the hole, drilled two more, and inserted a couple of rods that ended up being glued to the underside of the cockpit tub. I also added the horizontal stiffener.

24091101.jpg

Rainy days ahead so hopefully should have more to show soon.

A little bit of detail work follows. If you look at the second pic in post #112, you can see a hole in the center of the radiator outlet duct. Hasegawa would like us to mount a single radiator flap actuator in this hole but in actual fact, there are TWO rods that control the flap as seen here:

View attachment 796507

So, I filled the hole, drilled two more, and inserted a couple of rods that ended up being glued to the underside of the cockpit tub. I also added the horizontal stiffener.

View attachment 796508

Rainy days ahead so hopefully should have more to show soon.
Perfect Andy!👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Don't forget to move the drain plug of the filter, is not central

IMG_20240822_150310.jpg

Thanks guys.

Fixed the radiator drain and added the venturi:

24091203.jpg

One of the last things to be done before closing up the cockpit was to add the kinky harnesses which I made from scratch. The back pad is styrene card scribed to simulate the quilting and the straps are Tamiya tape with the top end retractor clip made of aluminum tape.

24091201.jpg

Installed and painted. Not great but it will do the job under the closed canopy. 10X magnification reveals some paint imperfections.

24091202.jpg

Need to see if I'll bother with the chain piece as it will be deep down though I might throw something in there for kicks.

Thanks for the visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back