G'day from Down Under

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aw bugger another damne Aussie!

<ahem>

I mean, fraternal greetings to our cousins across the Tasman! :D :)

Kiwimac

kia ora or something like that. another haka trotting kiwi to spoil the day and i possibley won't make your day mac as i am an aussie as well

Back on deck! been rather busy this past week AND using every spare moment trying to finish my 1/32 Fw190A-5 for our local comps this coming weekend... will just make it to the starting line... I hope!

Emac, sorry just a bit far to go to buy a model! but Hi anyway.

Hey John I am doing a Pearl Harbor project so it is a distinct possibility that some of my upcoming Japanese aircraft participated in attacks on Darwin?

Here is a distinct possibility, the plane that is, as the pilot that flew the aircraft at Pearl Harbor, Lt Kiyokuma Okajima, transfered from Hiryu to Zuikaku in late Jan 42.

All the best Wayne.

Just a quick added note, don't know why but the 'grey' fabric surfaces have come up much darker in the photo than they are on the model giving the wrong impression to their correct shade?

Attachments

• A6M2 'Kansen' Zero Okajima_a.JPG
    A6M2 'Kansen' Zero Okajima_a.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 66
yeah let us know how the compititions go, get lots of pics of others' work.........

you know i love that signiture of yours about spitfire pilot sinking tripitz. reminds me of a story my dad told me about a bomber pilot being investured by king george with a VC. as story goes both king george and pilot had speach impediments and they were discussing something about fokker wulfes. you can imagine the rest. crudity in war at its foremost hahaha:D

Back on deck! been rather busy this past week AND using every spare moment trying to finish my 1/32 Fw190A-5 for our local comps this coming weekend... will just make it to the starting line... I hope!

Emac, sorry just a bit far to go to buy a model! but Hi anyway.

Hey John I am doing a Pearl Harbor project so it is a distinct possibility that some of my upcoming Japanese aircraft participated in attacks on Darwin?

Here is a distinct possibility, the plane that is, as the pilot that flew the aircraft at Pearl Harbor, Lt Kiyokuma Okajima, transfered from Hiryu to Zuikaku in late Jan 42.

All the best Wayne.

no worries wayne. look forward to more photos of your models mate

i've had that quote in my signature since i joined nearly 3 years ago, i really should change it :lol: and i wouldn't believe that king George story there're so many similar jokes out there it's probably just annother of them........

Guys, it seems the 190 will be ready baring any crash landings for Saturday,
I will have my digital camera handy so will take lots of pics for posting.
Looking forward to a great competition.

Regards Wayne.

hey Guys, back from an intense couple of nights of finishing models for our local comp, and just as fast the comp is over for another year.
Now where do you want to view the Model Comp photo's, here or in the next forum "Modelling?" Talk to me moderators!

Had great success, 5 entries 4 first place and a third place, rather happy with that!

All the best Wayne

i've had that quote in my signature since i joined nearly 3 years ago, i really should change it :lol: and i wouldn't believe that king George story there're so many similar jokes out there it's probably just annother of them........

Now would i fiddle you a story lanc. Trust me like the politican said to thief hahaha

G'day All

Just signed up here and figured this would be a great place to introduce myself! Im another South Aussie (and proud!) and look forward to reading and maybe contributing to your forum.:)

Im also a bit of an aircraft and ship modeler, and its good to see some locals also interested.

Cheers

Steve!

G'day All

Just signed up here and figured this would be a great place to introduce myself! Im another South Aussie (and proud!) and look forward to reading and maybe contributing to your forum.:)

Im also a bit of an aircraft and ship modeler, and its good to see some locals also interested.

Cheers

Steve!

not another bloody crow eater. bloody south aussies and don dunstan and all. g'day steve and welcome to the site from a queenslander where the true aussies reside hahaha

hey Guys, back from an intense couple of nights of finishing models for our local comp, and just as fast the comp is over for another year.
Now where do you want to view the Model Comp photo's, here or in the next forum "Modelling?" Talk to me moderators!

Had great success, 5 entries 4 first place and a third place, rather happy with that!

All the best Wayne

onya wayne good work mate

Another northerner, Elizabeth Grove! Sure was nice to see that rain the other night hey!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Steve

Oh and banana benders can be tolerated, so longs as your not a victorian sympathiser!

oh yea! Some states, such as Queensland have been on water restricitions for years now. We here in SA are on our tightest in years. Its been worse though so its not that much of a hassle, but sure hope it dont get much worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back