German Style Helmet

Catch22

Major
9,551
83
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
www.coryulmer.com
First off, don't know if this is the right place, and if it isn't, apologies!

Today my father purchased this helmet:

DSC_00015.jpg


I'm pleased with it, looks cool to me, and it's nice to have something at least mostly German on the shelf. However, I'm not sure it's German. Reasons being are the:

1) The "clip thing" (yes that's my technical term) on the front:

DSC_00025.jpg


2) The liner and corresponding rivets:

DSC_00053.jpg


DSC_00035.jpg


Everything I've seen about German helmets, (which admittedly isn't a lot, most of the technical stuff being tonight) doesn't have these things and the liner's different. Paint looks original the way it's rusted. Maybe somebody here knows more? I've seen clip type things on Spanish ones before, however the only one I've seen in the flesh looked different.

Thanks!
 
I think it's probably the Spanish version Cory, although they were made from the same, or similar press I believe. The 'clip thing' was for a visor, and the two 'holes' in the side are where it hinged.
 
Thanks Terry! My dad only had to pay what it cost to get it here, so he didn't have to pay retail, which apparently is around $800 because it has the liner and such. So it's not like he's been told it's definitely German and paid tons of money for it and in actuality it's false. I don't really care myself, if it's not German, because it sure looks like one!
 
Spanish.
 

Attachments

  • Corey 1.jpg
    Corey 1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Corey 4.jpg
    Corey 4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 601
  • Corey 3.jpg
    Corey 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 485
  • Corey 2.jpg
    Corey 2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 643
  • Corey.jpg
    Corey.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 771
  • Corey 5.jpg
    Corey 5.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 463
It is a Spanish one. I own one as well.

In the US they are marketing them as real German ones though. Make sure you do not pay very much for them. A real one will go for several hundred dollars. I know, I own a few of them.
 
$250???

I payed $35 mine. Granted that was about 10 years ago, but still.

A real authentic German one in not so great condition will cost you about $250...
 
Glad I could help. I sent you some links where you can find real authentic ones.

Be prepared to fork out some good money though if you want a good condition authentic one. They run between $400 and $5000 with rare and SS examples running as high as $10,000.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back