Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That mantra was told to me way back in 1982 when I was a student pilot, flying out of Kileen and Temple, Texas. We had to deal with the regional airliners, the fixed wing and rotary wing guys from both Fort Hood and Gray Army Airfield, as well as everything GA in the area. One of my instructor's buddies had nearly taken out a bunch of wires while scud running in some dropping fog. Wires were about 40 feet above a road. They finally set the Huey down in what they thought was a parking lot.....turned out they set down in a highway intersection. There was a mad scramble to get restarted and moved when they figured out where they were. 30 second hop and they were over a fence and in a pasture to wait for the fog to lift.

In FEB 1971, I think it was, the Civil Air Patrol was called out to assist the USAF with ground personnel transport from a farmer's house to an F-111 crash site deep in the tall pine trees. Air searches had found nothing until the farmer found it. As we stood around waiting for brass and big shots from Gen Dyn to show, an HH-43 appeared on the horizon. As it zig-zaged generally toward us, one of the USAF officers (no wings on his blues) said, "What is he doing?" My buddy Farley immediately pops, "Flying IFR" The officer looks up into the beautiful clear blue morning and says' "I don't understand."

Guys, the above photo (Post #5030) is a 3D-wallpaper - one can found it here: https://wallpaperboat.com/3d-girl-wallpapers
When I say 3D, I mean CGI, not real, animated, a picture created in a computer. (Lately I'm having big troubles explaining to somebody that I want to build a real 3D-model of something and being asked: What software will you use? No software, hardware only, is the reply.The other side never gets the point.)
I know this thread is for fun, and the photo below is kinda more fun (IMHO) than any CGI - what you see is maybe not perfect, but real (e.g. the tarmac):

Last edited:
An airshow a few years back here in NJ . Everyone was gawking at the P-51 agreeing what a lucky guy to have this aircraft A car pulls up and loud whoa comes out of the crowd Cameras and cellphones click pics left and right . She came to the flight line and posed winked etc I missed the good pic as i was too far back but caught a few from the edge on the line after a few guys sat down. No sooner had she carried off some of this gear than she climbed up on the wing and in behind the pilot and off they went.

The comments were from the crowd.... NOW THAT JUST AINT RIGHT .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread