Good thing I'm not wealthy, cost of health care

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, that's if the money is collected. Rich people tend to be pretty smart about money (which is why they have it in the first place). Odds are, the projected collections aren't going to match reality. That's if this comes to pass. Seems like the whole plan is screwy.

Sounds kinda like a "throw a bone to the little guys who are getting screwed over with all these assinine bailout plans, make them think the big guys are getting taxed too, even though there's so many loopholes they won't have to pay a penny..."

Was not interested in the politics of this one, just the mere sum of the the number(57%) that was thrown out there, that my friends is huge, plus all the other taxes one has to work thru. I don't want to go any further because this can turn to politics quickly, just mind blowing...

My bad. Funny, though...the article said that rates could get up to 57%, then a paragraph later said some residents could pay 58.__%. So....which is it?

Health Bill Hits Snag as Budget Office Questions Cost-Cutting - Bloomberg.com

75% of Americans are happy with their health insurance now. I don't think we can afford this change. I just signed a petition against this bill.

We need more time to look over the bill and not rush it.

Well here in DK the top taxes for the wealthy is around 75%, so what are those guys complaining about???
The average taxes for the everyday worker/office worker is around 42 to 50%, so what's the big deal?

I could live with a flat tax if everything else was'nt tax. Tax me 40% and no other taxes, would depend on salary amount but it would make life easier.

If healthcare and everything else is going to be provided for by the goverment, I'm going to retire 30 years early and go fishing. It will be great, no worries anymore. I'll get foodstamps, disability, welfare, healthcare, section 8 housing and whatever else my generous fellow countrymen is willing to provide me during my lifelong vacation. I can't wait, Alaska here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread