Grandaughter in need of help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Adele

Recruit
Oct 19, 2009
My Grandfather served in the Luftwaffe in WW2 but during his life time would rarely speak of it and it was only upon his death did we discover details of his POW records. He was shot down and captured in the East Anglia region probably Kettering or Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. England. His POW number was B381917 at the N2 or N22 POW Cage on 25/09/45.

I am now desperately trying to piece together details about his service history, rank, mission etc but don't know where to begin.

I would appreciate as much help as possible.

Many thanks

My Grandfather served in the Luftwaffe in WW2 but during his life time would rarely speak of it and it was only upon his death did we discover details of his POW records. He was shot down and captured in the East Anglia region probably Kettering or Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. England. His POW number was B381917 at the N2 or N22 POW Cage on 25/09/45.

I am now desperately trying to piece together details about his service history, rank, mission etc but don't know where to begin.

I would appreciate as much help as possible.

Many thanks

Hello,

his name and surname?

Hello

Looking through some official documentation here, on page 21, it appears Camp/Cage 22 was Pennylands Camp, Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.

As you can see on page 18 of this document there are three options for Camp 2
Hope this is of help to you
regards

Mark

also try this site
Luftwaffe Experten Message Board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back