Greetings from MI

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Patrick Kelly

Recruit
Jun 21, 2017
Michigan
Hello everyone. Just an obligatory intro post to a new message board. If you're interested in a little background here it goes:

My name is Patrick
I'm married with no kids
I'm from Ohio, lived in NYC, currently in Michigan
My interest in history is mostly in US Naval, but also includes general WWII, US politics, and pretty much mil his in general.
I've worked in retail most of my life. While in NYC, I volunteered as a docent aboard USS Intrepid CV-11.

Thanks for taking a second to say hi. Have a good day.

I've got a bunch of photos, but nothing behind the scenes, really. The deck below the hanger has lockers and break rooms for the volunteers and workers. Most of the deck directly above (where the pilot ready rooms would be) have been converted to office space. They've only got one WWII aircraft, a TBM Avenger. I was told there were full-size replicas of a F6F and a SB2C, but they were sold for space for actual aircraft.

19732001_1589489451086016_2323642016267697051_n.jpg

Welcome aboard, shipmate! In this den of zoomies another squid is always welcome. "Wetting down" in the dirty shirt wardroom at 1800!
Cheers,
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back