Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me210 was actually produced and hapless geschwaders got stuck with it and the pilots hated it.
It got passed off on the Hungarians, who actually liked it and did remarkably well with it.
Sound familiar?
the hungarian Me 210 was not the same of the 210 originally put in service in the luftwaffe

Thankyou, it is now obvious that the Me210 could and would have won the BoB if only those fools could have seen it.

Ah, but let's not forget that if the RLM had chosen the Fw 187 instead of the Bf 110, the RAF would have been swept from the sky in 1940, AND the Luftwaffe would have had a MOSSIE KILLER! Nose armour? Who needs it! Heater? There's not even enough room in the cockpit for all its instruments!

The Hungarian Me-210 had a Daschund in the nose that could run fore and aft when a change of CG was necessary. Only Black and Brown Daschunds could be used, however. It was an Austrian requirements forced on Messerschmitt, much as the pesky British ruined the otherwise flawless P-39, turning it into an urchin-snouted codpiece.

As a result, the production of Me-210s was held up while more Black and Brown Daschunds were bred and raised to be center-of-gravity dogs. Otherwise, we'd have lost the war.

The Hungarian Me-210 had a Daschund in the nose that could run fore and aft when a change of CG was necessary. Only Black and Brown Daschunds could be used, however. It was an Austrian requirements forced on Messerschmitt, much as the pesky British ruined the otherwise flawless P-39, turning it into an urchin-snouted codpiece.

As a result, the production of Me-210s was held up while more Black and Brown Daschunds were bred and raised to be center-of-gravity dogs. Otherwise, we'd have lost the war.
As a precaution the British developed the Blackburn Badger, it was as crap as all the other Blackburns but painted with a black and white nose to cause dachshund CoG issues and the infamous dachskrankheit in air crews.

The Hungarian Me-210 had a Daschund in the nose that could run fore and aft when a change of CG was necessary.

The problem was, the Daschunds suffered from acute luxating patellas from all the running back and forth, an issue that affects the breed to this day. It shortened the combat utilization of the Me 210 and an interim had to be sought...

Gave you a bacon just for "urchin-snouted codpiece." Brilliant!

Best post ever.

Sorry to disappoint, fellas, but I'm far too pragmatic and level-headed to suggest that the poor old Buffalo was a good aircraft. It certainly doesn't deserve the reputation it has as a death trap that was shot down in droves. The fates conspired against it in British and US service to put it at a distinct operational and tactical disadvantage when thrown into combat...but as a fighter aircraft it was mediocre at best.

You may now return to your regularly-scheduled programming which, rather like the TV, seems mostly to consist of rather tedious repeats.

Sorry to disappoint, fellas, but I'm far too pragmatic and level-headed to suggest that the poor old Buffalo was a good aircraft. It certainly doesn't deserve the reputation it has as a death trap that was shot down in droves. The fates conspired against it in British and US service to put it at a distinct operational and tactical disadvantage when thrown into combat...but as a fighter aircraft it was mediocre at best.

Sometimes I almost feel sorry for the Buffalo. You're right in that it is not as terrible as often made out. But unfortunately it's a rather tubby, unattractive aircraft; it if looked cooler it'd probably be rated at least a little higher.

The Finns got some good use out of it at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back