Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I took German in high school. My Yiddish just isn't working well enough right now. Dad told me he was the company translator during the war. Don't know how he did it.

Okay. I've stripped out the padding from both ends of the code. Now to 'figger out the middle. It's gonna' take some time. I got the "mit" part though.
Today is the as (with) yesterday. Kerbschlagbeigeversuch is a description prism, hit, bend, test. In Germany it is made one word in English it is the name of the French man who developed the test and in French it is essai de resiliance. I once had to discuss Charpy tests in French and sometimes English with a French man called Mr Charpy. Funny as hell.

I knew the "heute" part. Partial credit?
English is a Germanic language if you bear that in mind and consider letters were changed with time, "gestern" could be anything but if you know heute is "today" a wild guess could lead you to "yestern" the letters g and y are often substituted. Schwein of course is German but many Germans are unaware that swine is also used in English, and means the same.

I admit to never having heard that description but its spot on
It is officially a Germanic language but has easily more than 57 other languages used in it, bearing in mind there are at least 4 different types of French, and Latin words come from all sorts of routes.

With regard to a topic a while ago, combat at high altitude I found this on the wiki page for the Ju 87

Testing revealed that at high altitude, even 2 g could cause death in an unpressurised cabin and without appropriate clothing. This new technology, along with special clothing and oxygen masks, was researched and tested. When the United States Army occupied the Junkers factory at Dessau on 21 April 1945, they were both impressed at and interested in the medical flight tests with the Ju 87.[31]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back