Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's nothing wrong being an iconoclast, but I've never seen anyone so attached to that outlook that virtually everything in history that we've all read is "wrong."
I see that you don't know that everything we have learned about WWI,the interwar period, WWII and what happened after 1945 is swarming,for obvious reasons,with omissions, inventions,exaggerations, lies and propaganda . From all sides .
I could cite dozens of examples .

I see that you don't know that everything we have learned about WWI,the interwar period, WWII and what happened after 1945 is swarming,for obvious reasons,with omissions, inventions,exaggerations, lies and propaganda . From all sides .
Are they omitted omissions or forgotten omissions? Are there any that only you know about?

Are they omitted omissions or forgotten omissions? Are there any that only you know about?
ONE example : FDR giving away Eastern Europe at Yalta .
FDR could NOT give away Eastern Europe,because he did not own Eastern Europe .
A Second example : the miracle of Dunkirk for which the Bohemian corporal (Adolf ) was responsible : there was no such thing .
And a third one : the coward and inept Italians : who believes this ? The fans of Allo Allo and the goose-steppers .
A Fourth One : the turning points of WWII : every Homo Sapiens knows that there can be only one turning point

ONE example : FDR giving away Eastern Europe at Yalta .
FDR could NOT give away Eastern Europe,because he did not own Eastern Europe .
A Second example : the miracle of Dunkirk for which the Bohemian corporal (Adolf ) was responsible : there was no such thing .
And a third one : the coward and inept Italians : who believes this ? The fans of Allo Allo and the goose-steppers .
A Fourth One : the turning points of WWII : every Homo Sapiens knows that there can be only one turning point
No idea what you are talking about. You seem to be the only person with all the answers to the questions only you ask.

The oil that was needed in Germany was used for the LW ( Synthetic produced oil ),for the KM and for the economy . The oil needed by the Ostheer was different, the same for the oil needed by the Soviet economy and by the Red Army .
Gasoline is not the same as diesel .
AND, the distances in Germany were much shorter than those in the USSR .It took a long time for trains to transport fuel from the Russian refineries to the Red Army over more than thousand km.

That doesn't answer my question. Explain why Soviet machinery needed different oil than German machinery.

the oil that was needed in Germany is not the same as the oil that the Red Army needed.

I know that history has errors in it. What I think is funny is that you think you're correcting them.

German jets used diesel.
US jets used JP-4 = 1/2 gasoline and 1/2 kerosine .
JP4 was a post-war blend used from the 1950's through the 1990's, so nope - wrong.

WWII German jet engines used diesel or kerosene, depending on the engine.
Most HeS engines used kerosene, most Jumo and BMW engines used diesel.

Last edited:
Ever notice how our resident "historian" never quickly replies to posts?

This is called the "wikipause", which is a period of time consumed by frantic google searches using a specific combination of keywords that favor/support their position, then sifting through the results for bits and pieces that can then be used as a seemingly authorative response...

That doesn't answer my question. Explain why Soviet machinery needed different oil than German machinery.
I did not say that Soviet machinery needed different oil than German machinery : I said that the Red Army used different oil than the German economy .

I know that history has errors in it. What I think is funny is that you think you're correcting them.
History has not errors in it : history of WW2 as is it is told since 80 years is mostly lies, exaggerations, omissions, chauvinism, idiocies,etc .

I will correct this one :it should be : I have no reply to what you are saying .
No, all of the points you posted are only truths in your head, no one else's.

I have never read anyone sensible saying FDR gave away eastern Europe, Dunkerque was a sort of miracle, who was responsible for what is still discussed, but the daft lad from Austria was in charge and took credit for everything else. The Italian campaign in North Africa was certainly inept, no other word for it. As for turning points, try climbing a mountain turning only once. Try sailing a boat into a wind, turning only once.

History has not errors in it : history of WW2 as is it is told since 80 years is mostly lies, exaggerations, omissions, chauvinism, idiocies,etc .
You are confusing events with the written and other record of those events which is "history" the "story" part of the word gives a strong clue. There was something idiotic about your fantasy scenario that had Chamberlain fighting elections after his death, and stating repeatedly that RADAR was not important in the Battle of Britain. Then you forgot the rail system as a means of transport. I have never met a poster so consistently wrong on all topics, maybe thats why you are convinced everything is lies, omissions, idiocies etc?

Really? So most historians are liars who deliberately exaggerate, omit information, are chauvinists and idiots? That's what you're saying.

Have you had any historical studies published to set the record straight?

BF7F7800-E512-4FFF-B8B0-35F37D9FDE07.gif

Well, there is a big difference between OIL as it comes out of the ground (called crude oil) and OIL PRODUCTS.
Crude oil can vary considerably depending on which oil field it comes from in regards to what percentage of different products you can per ton and for certain products it can make a big difference in the products also. Like 40 octane gas to 70 octane after simple distilling.
When it comes to the products they have to meet certain standards regardless of source. Going back to aviation fuel, 87 octane product is pretty much 87 octane fuel regardless of source. It not only has to pass the octane test, it needs to have a certain heat value, it needs to evaporate at a certain temperature and specified rate. It has to have a certain vapor pressure and gum residue limit. Different countries can have slightly different limits but they have to be close or the fuel won't work properly at different temperatures or altitudes. It doesn't matter if the fuel is made from coal or crude oil, it has to work in the engines desired.
Same for lubricating oil or diesel fuel. Russian diesel isn't going to be much different than German diesel.
Ships that weren't diesel ran on bunker fuel which is pretty much crude oil with some of the good stuff taken out and with most of the lumps also taken out (joke) but bunker needs to be heated to flow even at normal temperatures.
Oil products can cover quite a range and sometimes sources just use "oil" as shorthand for oil products so it can be a bit confusing.
However, aside from needing more frequent fuel filter changes, one country's Diesels should run just fine on another country's diesel fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back