Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

German oil isn't as Cyrillic, you need the viscosity. sulphur content and ignition temperature of Cyrillic oils to use the Soviet transport system (a set of facts I just invented)
But would Soviet oil work in short distance American trucks the Soviets used on the few roads they had, and would the oil have to be changed to German oil once the truck crossed the German border (after being transported by boat on the canal system)?

Asking for a friend, of course.

But would Soviet oil work in short distance American trucks the Soviets used on the few roads they had, and would the oil have to be changed to German oil once the truck crossed the German border (after being transported by boat on the canal system)?

Pretty sure you're going to have to distill it further somewhere west of Warsaw to boil off the vodka additives, 'cause, Russian oil.

I would be more than a little surprised if Japan is due east or west of anywhere in the USA. When I flew from London to Anchorage on the way to Narita we flew exactly due north. We live on a globe not a A4 Landscape rectangle that is easy to print.

American trucks could cope with the extremes of Cyrillic and Teutonic oil compositions, that's wot wun the war.

I would be more than a little surprised if Japan is due east or west of anywhere in the USA. When I flew from London to Anchorage on the way to Narita we flew exactly due north. We live on a globe not a A4 Landscape rectangle that is easy to print.

Tokyo is at 35° latitude, Los Angeles is at 34° latitude. Plenty of due-East/due-West between Okinawa, Hokkaido, San Diego, and Seattle.

pacific-centered-simple-worldmap.jpg

I suspect you are like me, I just dont take this discussion seriously at all. The surprise is how many books have been read without learning anything at all.
To be honest, I think junior is loosely paraphrasing and tossing in citations in an attempt to make his statements legitimate.
He clicks the [x] in a wiki artical, grabs the book/author (and sometimes even an accompanying page number) and then posts it in his fantasy rant.

To be honest, I think junior is loosely paraphrasing and tossing in citations in an attempt to make his statements legitimate.
He clicks the [x] in a wiki artical, grabs the book/author (and sometimes even an accompanying page number) and then posts it in his fantasy rant.
It has a child like innocence about it. The Danube was used as a transport system but it had been for hundreds of years. The cities on the Danube are there because of the Danube, almost always because you could put a bridge there and so you have an intersection for trade. You cant build "Danubes" as a transport system, within the limits of geography you can build canals and with less limits you can build railways. Roads are much less limited and walkways have almost no limits. As with many other discussions here we are just discussing the very basics of geography, parliament or electro magnetic characteristics or any other subject.

Boats use coal when carrying oil so all the oil gets to the destination. :)
Germany has plenty of coal.

Unpowered oil barges towed by coal fired tugs, see, it all works out 😄
This is a antediluvian, post truth, Faustian pact, debating society nightmare.

Boats use coal when carrying oil so all the oil gets to the destination. :)
Germany has plenty of coal.

Unpowered oil barges towed by coal fired tugs, see, it all works out 😄
Europe didnt need to transport anything until 1939, the whole "thing" about transport was a completely new subject, same for USA and Russia if truth be told. Those stones at Stonehenge just worked their own way across land and into the ground.

The things one learns here.
That is why Stonehenge is important, not because humans transported those things from wherever 5,000 years ago, but that the gods of stone persuaded the stones to move themselves, it was the basis of internet, flat earth, no proof required, theory.

He won't be dissuaded from his beliefs, unless of course he's just screwing with us, and will not learn. I, however, have picked up a lot of knowledge in areas I otherwise wouldn't have looked and have learned. Did any of you guys know there's an INDIAN Ocean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back