Group Builds 2021 to 2023 Call for Input

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are a few folks that we have not heard from:

le_steph40 le_steph40
Airframes Airframes
Wayne Little Wayne Little
Ralph Haus Ralph Haus
@Soclakit86
@Wildsau
imalko imalko
@Berny5664
@slaterat

Guys, let us know if you are interested in chucking in some ideas for the next 8 Group Builds. If so, take a look at post #1 and pick 5 to 8 themes that you'd like to see for GB themes.

For the rest of you, there's still time to change your votes if you want to. If you've put in less than 8 ideas, you can add more to make up the difference. If you have made 8 selections, you can drop one and add another. (if you're not sure, ask because I'm keeping track of everyone's input). Remember, only the 8 most popular themes will make it to the schedule for the next 2 years . Here is the complete list so far:

View attachment 615110View attachment 615111View attachment 615112

And here are the top selections so far:

View attachment 615113

As it stands now, anything with 4 or less votes would not make our list since we are selecting the top 8 only. The 5 themes above with more than 5 votes would make our list. Of the 4 with 5 votes, we would run a poll to select 3 from that list of 4. All other ideas go in the trash bin until this time in 2023 when we start the process again.

I don't see any in the list for Donivanp closets so I guess I'll have to chose:

28 RAF Fighters
26 WW2 Foreign Service
11 Dyslexic
6 Heavy Hitters
44 Spitfire
2 D-Day and After
5 Night Fighters

Like Karl, like to see broad range in each GB to encourage maximum participation so added some extra notes for consideration to some or future options.

My first 8

Like Andy's Zombie Build idea old GB or unfinished kits off the shelf of doom.

P-47 / P-38 "Preferred" sounds good but could simply be expanded to US Stars and Bars

109's and 190's "Preferred" absolutely but again expansion to simply Luftwaffe Eagles

Jets (NO Props) anything rather than specific periods.

Heavy hitters Volume 4

Eastern Front

Pacific Theatre

Night Fighters

Others I Like to round out a Dozen….:)

Spitfires and Hurricanes "Preferred" but RAF Roundels gives the expansion option.

MTO

ETO

Ground Attack

Here are my votes:
1) Zobie Build - God knows I have plenty candidates for this one.
2) Heavy Hitters WW2 Bombers only
3) Thunderbold & Lightning - btw Yugoslavia operated the F-47 until April 1961
4) Prototype and Weird a/c
5) Eastern Front
6) No Propellers
7) Dyslexic Luftwaffe Fw 190 & Bf 109
8) Helicopters All Eras

Last edited:
Hello,

As you know my one and only theme is World War II Aces with some deviations towards Sino-Japanese War and Spanish Civil War.
So, I think my choices will not very varied and I'm sorry for that. But here are my proposed subjects:
- From D-Day to VE Day. ETO fighters/bombers in markings or dated between 6 June 1944 and 8 May 1945.
- "MTO" Aircraft serving in the MTO, including Greece, Italy, North Africa, Sicily, and the Middle East (proposed by Andy)
- WW2 Aces (all nationalities) :p
- Pacific war after "Pearl Harbor", from 1942 to 1945 (fighters, bombers, reco, ...)
- Defense of the Reich (German and their allies in Europe) from mid 1943 to 8 May 1945
- War in the East: Eastern front, all participants, not just the big two (proposed by Karl)
:)

Thanks guys.

So, Wayne Little Wayne Little , I have recorded your 8 picks (not 12). I think that expanding those two themes to "Stars and Bars" and "Luftwaffe Eagles" makes those new. distinct themes and I've recorded them as such. I don't want to expand them because quite a few people have selected these as they were. If they had single votes I would have gone and combined them.

le_steph40 le_steph40 I've recorded your ideas. I was going to throw your "Defense of the Reich" into Wayne's "Luftwaffe Eagles" but you have included Germany's allies so it's been left as a distinct theme.

Donivanp Donivanp based on your comment, I have deleted your vote for "Thunderbolts and Lightnings" and put it into Wayne's "Stars and Bars".

I have done some more consolidations as follows:

"Waiting for Godot" and "Jubilee" ideas by Zippythehog Zippythehog and his single votes have been moved to "ETO WW2".
"Mustangs, Thunderbolts, and Lightning" has only rochie rochie 's vote so far and so I moved it to Wayne's "Stars and Bars". Note that "Thunderbolts and Lightnings" and "Thoroughbreds (P-51s)" are still alive as separate proposed themes. Karl, let me know if you'd prefer throwing your vote into one of those instead.
"First Generation Jets and Rockets" and fastmongrel fastmongrel 's single vote have been combined into "No Propellers"
"Cactus Airforce" and its 2 votes have been combined into "Pacific 1937 to 45"

With that, we still have 43 active and distinct ideas in the running and still some opportunities to finagle or combine:

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

As it stands right now, here are the most popular picks:

Capture.JPG

If the polling ended today, we would have our top picks with 6 votes and more rounding out our schedule with no tie breaker needed. There is still time to change your picks if you want. Again, you have up to 8 picks. If you'd like to know how your votes are distributed, let me know and I can tell you.

Thanks Geo. My stash is smallish (only 7 unbuilt kits but many more zombies). As it stands right now, I would only have one unbuilt kit that fits the top 8 unless we count an RCAF Spitfire as "Foreign Service". I'm going to look closely and change some of my votes. This is where the fun will start.

It may be useful to see the full rankings in order right now:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

In which case I would have kits for 4 of the 8 right now - Zombie, HH, Pacific, and Foreign. However one kit covers two themes (HH and Pacific).

I don't know if it's a Robert's Rules set up but, I move to close the nominations. Is that a thing that is done in this process?

I don't know if it's a Robert's Rules set up but, I move to close the nominations. Is that a thing that is done in this process?

No idea what Robert's Rules are and I see no need to shut this down already. There's a couple of regulars who we haven't heard from yet and some may want to change their votes based on what they've seen to now. I'll let this peter out naturally and then we'll make the call. There's no hurry here.

Crimea_River Crimea_River , Andy my Mustangs, thunderbolts and lightnings seems to fit Waynes stars and bars vote as its close to what i had in mind anyway.

Good stuff Karl. That's what I did.

Trouble is if it is stars and bars it rules out my Mustang III and 3 x P-47 D's all set for RAF uniforms !

still got a P-38 J doop snoot but was thinking of doing that as the sole RAF lightning.
but will figure something out :lol:

I dropped my vote for "D-Day and After" and went for "ETO WW2". Also dropped my vote for Carrier and Maritime and moved to RAF Fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back