Halftrack needs help Tamiya 1:35

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hi folks,
my hands are still not useable for serious modelwork so my TA-152 has to wait. Meanwhile I will post a little halftrack story.
It all started in the spring of 2009. While visiting a flea market I bought a Tamiya halftrack from a boy for around 6.- €. We both were happy.
Again I use a cutting board as a groundplate which normally was used for breakfast .

Here is the general arrangement:

s6u7iq.jpg

Some parts were broken off. I call this a happy accident.

x3am2r.jpg

Some hours later I started with the engine compartement:

fjoja1.jpg

25u5nhz.jpg

bits and pieces go in:

357qzb4.jpg

262oayv.jpg

will be continued soon. :coffee2:

Let's have a look at the groundplate. This time i used cheap cork cuttingboards because they are easy to cut and light. To make it more inflexable I glued it on a piece of scrap plastic plate. The ground material is mostly sand with deluted white glue.

dq6wpz.jpg

There are some cheap modelling materials on the market namely airdrying putty used in schools or Kinderharten which I use for forming larger hillocks.

400_3866356132616338.jpg

The first try on a realistic strand scene:

213eqgx.jpg

back to the craft. Some color to get an impression of the engine compartement.

33ejwis.jpg

rljhty.jpg

Let's have a closer look:

mtw6yw.jpg

23m7xxs.jpg

will be vcontinued soon.

Now let's do a step forward. I started to piece the halftrack together again and placed it on the groundplate.

wweskl.jpg

The story is. After running on a mine the crew left the car in a hurry and took cover. Each Gi starting off in a different direction. The germans were known placing mines as indicators for enemy movements and you could be sure to receive mortar or attillery fire in short time. So it was wise to leaf the place as quickly as you could waiting for things to develope. (The truth is I hate doing figures so I'm happy they all ran away)

11sig09.jpg

23k9sl.jpg

5mw96x.jpg

will be continued

Hello,
my fingers slowly are performing again. But I will wait a day or two before going back to the TA-152 again. Meanwhile I continue this thread from 2009.

When soldiers leaf their armored car in a hurry they will leave behind all except their weapons. So some carbage had to added to the vehicle.

mmzebd.jpg

qxjtkx.jpg

35jccie.jpg

1z36zqd.jpg

16iwozp.jpg

vyv1mo.jpg

There is room for more items to hang on the car.
This was the moment I realized the halftrack had to go deeper into the mud than shown. Well let's see what I can do in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back