Hallo from Germany

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Schmierfink

Recruit
Aug 2, 2013
Frankfurt/Main
I am new here, as I was looking for aircraft manuals of various German bombers and stumbled across this forum.
My interest in bombers goes back to my own military service. As I was stationed at
Memmingerberg in Bavaria a airfield built in 1935 first for the KG51. I myself belonged to this unit which was disbanded
30. June 2003:
Munitionerabzeichen2.gif

Mainly had to deal with this aircraft:
Scan10014.jpg

Looking forward to pleasant conversations.

Thank you for the welcome!
By the way the second commander of my former Unit
Jabo G 34 is very well known as it was Günther Rall
All fighter buffs will know of that name?

Hab ich auch nicht bemerkt Mike.

Note that I'm really stretching my German here and that any more by me may insult the language! I also fixed my previous post in that Fussen is southwest of Munich.

Last edited:
Crimea, pretty much the same here. Mother and gmother used to speak German when they did not want me to know what they were talking about, so I learned so I could listen in. Then took it in college and it was one of my army languages. No one here to speak German so it is fading

Me and the wife only speak German at home. Out in town we speak english out of respect to the locals.

Next week, we speak only German for 2 weeks, as we will be back in Germany. Can't wait. I might be a proud American, but the Fatherland always is calling...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back