Happy Boxing Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
To all my friend in Canada, Australia, the UK and New Zealand, I wish
you a happy Boxing Day !!

Charles

Hey, nothing wrong with back to back public holidays...I like it...but then again i've got the rest of the week off too:occasion5:

Thanks Charles!!

It was yesterday, but I will take the time to say thank you and I hope everyone has a happy New Year. Especially you Njaco, you yankee snatch !

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what does Boxing Day celebrate? Does it honor all of the people who died durring boxing maches over places in return lines?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what does Boxing Day celebrate? Does it honor all of the people who died durring boxing maches over places in return lines?

Boxing Day is the day after Christmas, a public holiday in most countries in The Commonwealth. It originated as a day for giving gifts to employees and poor people. It has sporting traditions, especially fox hunting and the famous boxing day round in the English Premier League, and is the day when stores launch the most significant sales period in the retail cycle.

It is usually celebrated on 26 December, the day after Christmas Day, but can move to 27 December or 28 December if 26 December is a Saturday or Sunday. The movement of Boxing Day varies between countries.

The public holiday is recognised in the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, as well as many other members of the Commonwealth of Nations.

Charles

It has more relevance to class system when it was more prominant. These days its just a day off that is named. Though a good amount of charity work goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back