HARS Illawarra Airport and Sydney

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi Guys, specifically members in Oz. I'm going to go to Sydney to visit rellies (like all irresponsible New Zealanders I've lived off the Australian system at least once in my life) and I want to visit HARS. I think there's a forum member here who works there - any ideas? Anyways, I'm going to go to a tarmac day in a couple of week's time - any good? I'm also looking to go to Temora, which has an air display early next month. Again, worth the trip?

Cheers.

Thanks Wildcat. Looking forward to HARS, especially since a lot of their big stuff is active. The tarmac days give you the opportunity to get on board them as well. Long before Temora existed I remember seeing most of the aircraft in that collection elsewhere; the Hudson at Wangaratta and Coolangatta, the Spitfires at different places; I remember seeing the Mk.VIII at Archerfield for its first post restoration air display back in the 1980s and the Canberra and Meat Box I remember seeing in the UK many years ago. Looking forward to seeing them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back